Beacons for Bases

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
Hi there,
I was thinking about a shift-RMB function for beacons to stick them to surfaces ... kinda like floaters. So it won't look so messy when placed next to a base.
Or perhaps even a beacon blueprint for the builder designed for bases, to mark them with a base symbol in the HUD

Nothing gamechanging or overly important, but it would also be prettier to look at.

Comments

• conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I think each base should have its own beacon automatically. Or at least I thought so, but your idea is even better :-)
  • drakueldrakuel california Join Date: 2015-06-04 Member: 205230Members
    agreed. Bases should have beacons automatically, but we should be able to see what the beacon is by name. when you name your base or ship that beacon should emit that name as well in it's message.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    You can actually place the beacon inside the base, so it doesn't get knocked around.

Of course, you should be able to attach one as a permanent fixture. 
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    I think we should be able to build a communication hub, that not only has a beacon for the base but allows us to remotely turn on and off beacons of other objects. So this way you don't have half a dozen beacons going off from your subs, pod, and signals you have found.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I like it!!

Aside from nailing the problem this would make for some stylish interior.