Serverlist not updating / loading correctly

CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey guys, had this problem a year or so back aswell and there was a fix but i dont recall what / how.
The list does load some servers (usually) but it goes really slow and ends pretty soon (like 40 servers listed). Refreshing doest do much.
Any advice?

Comments

• BingoWingsBingoWings UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194253Members
    I'm finding every server in the list shows a minimum of 999 ping when I load it up, it only updates to the actual ping when I click on the server in the list. So, if you have a max ping filter on the list, that will exclude some servers if the same thing is happening to you.
  • babblerblingbabblerbling Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204951Members
    This has often been the case for routers that treat the incoming udp data as flood and block it  -.-
    People post about this and other udp flood protection related problems all the time... Their argument is usually that other games do not cause such issues. I wonder why.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Check if the steam server browser browser shows more ns2 servers for you. If so you should increase the max ping setting at Steam -> Settings -> Ingame. If the steam server browser also shows the same amount of servers there might be a network issues with your router or ISP.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm, i changed the 'ping of death' settings in my routerconfig from 20 packets / sec to 40 packets / sec.
    Now it seems to refresh / load fine.
    Did i fix it by this semi-educated guess?