Is Sea Emperor Really the Biggest Thing We're Going to Meet?

5Raptorboy5Raptorboy Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205021Members
I just realized something. Why would the creators of the game show off the biggest, scariest, most powerful monster in their first trailer? For that matter, why would they show it at all? The Sea Emperor appears in some concept art.
Maybe the Sea Emperor isn't the ultimate creature we have to worry about.
MAYBE IT'S THE GARRYFISH

Comments

• sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Lol, turns out all the garryfish that we have been killing are just the baby ones, soon their queen will come for revenge.....
  • JP193JP193 UK Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204597Members
    I'm very intrigued as to what the most powerful creature will be. Although the Garryfish would be funny and perhaps a bit daunting if they get tougher than the ones we unashamedly farm and eat, I seriously wonder what's to come.

I personally think the Sea Emperor is a distraction. A creature doesn't have to be LARGE to be tough. Look at humans - Most cunning, intelligent and even dangerous creature on Earth, but not even the biggest land mammal.

Concept art of the lava castle, the 'warpers'... I think there is going to be something so horrific, so ALIEN, that we can't even relate it to a real life creature. While we are obsessing with a large squid-like creature, the devs are probably working on a terrifying/stealthy/overpowered beast impressive for more than just raw size.
    It's not a suggestion, it's an actual guess on what they're up to.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    edited May 2015
    I don't really like the idea of the warper. So far, most of the creatures stay more or less in the realm of plausibilty, if not probability. But the warper just seems to much like a magic thing, which I don't feel really belongs in this game.
    I do think that creatures that are more dangerous than they look at first though.
  • SeptinSeptin Join Date: 2012-03-20 Member: 149061Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    JP193 wrote: »
    I'm very intrigued as to what the most powerful creature will be. Although the Garryfish would be funny and perhaps a bit daunting if they get tougher than the ones we unashamedly farm and eat, I seriously wonder what's to come.

I personally think the Sea Emperor is a distraction. A creature doesn't have to be LARGE to be tough. Look at humans - Most cunning, intelligent and even dangerous creature on Earth, but not even the biggest land mammal.

Concept art of the lava castle, the 'warpers'... I think there is going to be something so horrific, so ALIEN, that we can't even relate it to a real life creature. While we are obsessing with a large squid-like creature, the devs are probably working on a terrifying/stealthy/overpowered beast impressive for more than just raw size.
    It's not a suggestion, it's an actual guess on what they're up to.

You make a good point there but if i saw something larger than the Sea Emperor coming out from a dark abyss from the front vindue in my cyclops then i would be legitimately affraid or amazed depending on its behaviour.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    The problem with making things big is that it requires a massive amount of fine, minute animation to make it work. You can't just take an entity model and blow it up to 4 times its original size, its animations would't look smooth or natural, it'd be very awkward to look at, and just not scary. So to fix this, you have to spend endless hours adding thousands upon thousands of animation points, and giving animation to each point, and make lots of different animations for different situations. It's a monumental amount of work, and the fact that the reaper ever even came out is amazing to me, I honestly couldn't expect them to make anything bigger than the reaper because they just don't have the manpower or equipment to do that much animating. Not to mention that it'd be an even bigger strain on your computer to run, making it that much harder to play.

I'd honestly feel really bad if they didn't eventually add some stuff to the endless deep that makes it more horrifying than it already is. Even if it's just the sound of a creature, not even a creature itself, that'd be amazing.
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    And the Reaper at the moment isn't really 100% either, still makes weird movements and spawns half way in the ground. Doesn't make it any less frightening though, As soon as I see one I run for my life.