The game

Vector19Vector19 Algeria Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205013Members
So, i have this game since September 2013 and only got to play it this last August because my old PC wasn't strong enough, anyways, i have seen a few updates but nothing from the dev team since April, anyone care to elaborate? Please and thank you.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    To put it shortly so you don't have to read. The CDT is creating a new build system to make ns2. With it comes a few perks that will further help development. It is taking awhile to build it though, with only one person working on it in their free time. More patches will come.

Some parts of the new patch may or may not include:
    IronHorse wrote: »
    NotPaLaGi wrote: »
    Can someone give me the highlights of why this next build matters and why it will lead to a higher playercount? It seems like the CDT is hyped and I feel like I missed something.
    *DISCLAIMER* : Not promising any of the items mentioned will make it in the next patch or any, ever. This is just a reader's digest version of some developments on our trello board

Besides the new map Derelict from @Loki (new maps tend to pique interests and playercounts, historically speaking) a few items of interest are:
    • Shadow Fade and Onos models
    • Faster load times
    • Hitreg fixed!
    • Tons of performance optimizations
    • UI scaling
    • Improved Alien HUD bars
    • Main menu can be changed to any official map, or can rotate through all of them
    • Fixed first person spectate causing hitching for player
    • Rookie Only servers
    • Temporary Voteban option
    • Unstuck command
    • Redplug issue resolved
    • Bilebomb and gorge spit projectiles now predicted
    • Queue for a server while playing in another server
    • Phase gates no longer phase into same room
    • Maxfps command no longer has to be reapplied every mapchange
    • Auto reconnect at "red plug" after x secs if server is available
    • Blacklisting servers feature
    • Allow drifters and cysts to pass through alien structures for smoother navigation
    • Progress Bars during loading screen for mods

And many more....
    The one not in that list that I am very excited for and is not yet planned for any patch is null move insertion, which would fix jittery, teleporting players who get an unfair advantage from their crappy internet / packet loss laden connection.
    Remember that anyone can vote for cards that are not yet approved, to show their support and desire for that item to be approved / implemented.

Hope that is the answer you were looking for @NotPaLaGi
    Take care

For now watch this teaser of the new map that is coming soon.
  • Vector19Vector19 Algeria Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205013Members
    Thank you guys for you help, i hope nothing but the best for Natural Selection's future! it is an awesome game.