Gorge Audio Player

StampVoetStampVoet NL Join Date: 2014-10-21 Member: 199072Members
Hey!
Ever since I heard about (and ordered) the gorge plushies I felt that I needed to do something cool with them.
So I made the decision to make them RAWWR like they should! :smiley:
For this I designed a circuit which is powered by a 9V battery. A button lets the board play different sounds at random.
It still needs a little tweaking because at the moment the sound is too loud and maybe I'll add more sounds (easter eggs?)

At the moment it plays 4 different gorge sounds:
- Taunt
- Spit
- Bile bomb
- Heal spray

kEUN0Ls.png
jazmkYu.png
Tm5rkgH.png
Gorge art <3
YWwvmfk.jpg
OvKvUeC.jpg

I hope you like it :smile:

Comments

• ChocapixChocapix France Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201226Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited May 2015
    Sooooo great !!

I love the gorgie style pcb but I leave the electronical stuff to those who know =D
    Next step : putting all of this in the plushie ! Did you already find out how to do it without damaging the circuit ? Static electricity is nasty !

UWE, you found your guy for the next taunting plushies ! My preference would go for onos next =D

RAAAWR
  • thehunter21thehunter21 Sweden Join Date: 2014-07-27 Member: 197649Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    edited May 2015
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You definitely need some gorge idle sounds ... and don't forget "ch ch ch" chuckle
  • StampVoetStampVoet NL Join Date: 2014-10-21 Member: 199072Members
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the replies!

I'll definitely try increasing the number of sounds on the board :smile:
    Chocapix wrote: »
    Sooooo great !!
    Next step : putting all of this in the plushie ! Did you already find out how to do it without damaging the circuit ? Static electricity is nasty !
    My preference would go for onos next =D

About the ESD (electrostatic discharge) issue, it depends on what the gorge plushie looks like from the inside (size). Maybe i'll design a 3D printed enclosure, also if I'm lazy (I probably am) I'll probably just put a large piece of heat-shrink tubing around it.

GameOver wrote: »
    You definitely need some gorge idle sounds ... and don't forget "ch ch ch" chuckle

I totally forgot about those, I'll look into it.

off topic:
    I wish there was also a "thank you" sound for alien lifeforms, I'd love to hear skulks purr, gorges lick, lerks clap their wings enthusiastically, fades try (and fail miserably) at saying some form of thanks and onos stomp in a rapid succession :smiley:
  • ChocapixChocapix France Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201226Members, Reinforced - Silver
    StampVoet wrote: »
    off topic:
    I wish there was also a "thank you" sound for alien lifeforms, I'd love to hear skulks purr, gorges lick, lerks clap their wings enthusiastically, fades try (and fail miserably) at saying some form of thanks and onos stomp in a rapid succession :smiley:

I never thought about it, that would be awesome ! Here's a new mission for the CDT !