What if the devs didn't tell us the fish they were adding?

PabrbPabrb Ga Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204378Members
What if when the game gets updated, the devs don't tell us some details, like if they add a new fish. This way we could find new things we didn't even think existed.
they could even put in really rare fish without telling us, this way you never truly know what your going to experiance when you get into the game, just like real oceans you can always discover new things.

Comments

• sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    I think they would have told us or mentioned it on their trello by now. It takes a lot of work to make a new creature
  • escapezeppelinescapezeppelin USA Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201534Members
    If you don't want to know about what they're adding then don't read what the devs put out. Problem solved.
  • BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    If you don't want to know about what they're adding then don't read what the devs put out. Problem solved.

But it's soo tempting!
    This is probably the biggest trouble for people that followed the game before it's release. Since the game has a big focus (from my understanding) on exploration and interaction, the game won't be as surprising or unpredictable for those people once it's released.
    It won't be "oooh, where does this dark hole lead? AAAH WTF IS THAT!" it will be more like "oh yeah this is the hole where the mushrooms and snake crabs are... cool I saw their animations and stuff on Trello".
    But then again this is a 'fan problem' that have happend for many games. Like wow and minecraft for example. I'm currently trying to stay away from subnautica news and gameplay at the moment so I don't spoil a lot of content before it's release. But since I'm here you see how well that is going.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I think open development/releases actually provides more content and fun than a single release.

Notably, every time they release it changes something. A new species, a completely revamped technology, a test weapon that never makes it into the final build. Each time, you have a chance to go in and retry stuff that you've already done, sometimes with different and unexpected changes.