My lengthy list of suggestions

CaarosCaaros Tennessee Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204377Members
Hello. I have some suggestions for the game that I think could be really nice. If any of these suggestions I make are already planned for the game or the devs have specifically said they don't want, please tell me. Feel free to tell me what you all think, as long as you don't be rude about it.
  • One or two creatures that are stuck to the bottom and slide/crawl around (like slugs and crabs)
  • A friendly creature that travels in pods (similar to dolphins)
  • A way to break rocks (like shale) other than your knife, like a pickaxe, a small drill, or a hammer (hitting rocks is not good for a knife's sharpness)
  • Anchors to tie to your cyclops and seamoth to keep them in place
  • The functionality to set only a certain cyclops and seamoth to have a ping/beacon
  • When a seamoth or cyclops is destroyed, it creates wreckage that you can salvage
  • A light armor suit to give you some defense
  • Seabase parts that aren't horizontal tubes, like square rooms and vertical ladder tubes
  • An in-game journal for the player to type things in
  • Light posts you can set up in areas and turn on and off
  • A bed you can place that lets you sleep for 8-10 ingame hours and can be put in the cyclops and sea bases in order to pass the time
  • A handheld "flash device" that stuns creatures in a moderate radius around the player for certain times (for example, bleeders would be stunned for several minutes, while reapers would be stunned for 2 seconds)
  • A seabase platform that allows you to grow acid mushrooms and kelp only, as to avoid tedious traveling just for a single plant
  • An expensive (using diamonds maybe?) to make "warp system" consisting of teleporters placed in seabases that can be used to teleport to other teleporters you've set up. (It's plausible because humanity had to have invented some sort of warp travel in order to realistically colonize space)
  • "Sound Spikes" that drive hostile creatures away from where you put them.
  • A creature that actively hunts down and eats bleeders, but is friendly to the player.
  • An "Air Canteen" that replenishes 30 oxygen, and has to be refilled
  • More rooms in the Aurora that open up after the radiation disappears
  • A radar/map that players can craft (not cheap)
  • Small crashed ships on the seafloor that have supplies and materials you can salvage
  • A tether rope you can tie from your seamoth/cyclops to your lifepod/constructor to drag them around and move them to where you want them
  • A way to recharge batteries and powercells using acid mushrooms
  • A cord that you can use to charge seamoths and cyclopses by hooking it up to a power generator
  • A costly-to-make "Drilling Rig" that you can set up to slowly harvest resources from the ground the ground from that biome and needs to be powered either by a battery/powercell or a power generator
  • A handheld "Wave Cannon" that produces a pushing shockwave that disrupts the movement of creatures and can move non-static objects
  • Some sort of huge (and very expensive) surface vehicle that seamoths and cyclopses can dock in (Basically a mobile Seabase with ports)
  • Net walls that the player can set up to block certain areas and come in different strengths (Fiber nets would be weak and Silicon nets would be stronger)
  • Slow health regen that only rises to 50-70% (Takes a real-time hour to go from 1% to 60%)
  • A button toggles the light on the seaglide/seamoth/cyclops that lowers power usage when off
  • A "Decoy Rifle" similar to the stasis rifle that fires a decoy that attracts predators (The longer you charge the shot, the longer the decoy lasts and the larger its attraction radius)
  • Some sort of late-game explanation to the mysterious energy source that struck the Aurora (An alien ship maybe? I really don't know . . .)
  • The loading screen at the beginning has randomized concept art on it instead of just one image
  • Modding and map-making support

I think with these, and the things the devs already have planned, this game would be perfect. Please tell me what you all think!

Comments

• sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    These all sound pretty darn good. I would note that with regard to knives being damaged by hitting rocks that if you look at the animation, you are actually hitting the rock with the handle of the knife. I think that a good idea would be to add some larger rocks that you need a pickaxe to break, but that give larger amounts of resources.
  • RipredRipred United States Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204341Members
    Wow, this sounds great. I especially like the surface vehicle and drilling rig ideas, and I want them to add a large ship that can dock at least one of every vehicle simultaneously.
  • NukesnipeNukesnipe United States Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204370Members
    A boat would be fantastic, safer and faster than using the Cyclops to go everywhere.
  • IchthyodactylIchthyodactyl US Join Date: 2015-05-13 Member: 204438Members
    I would offer a heavy 'second' to the vertical ladder tubes. I would also amend that suggestion by saying that the ladders should be able to 'transform', so to speak, into a single ladder that when used simply puts you on the next available level up or down (next segment of ladder that is actually connected to a 'floor' module). I'd also suggest that, unless more appropriate base modules than corridors are going to house ladder tubes, the ladder tubes should probably be made to connect at corridor ends, rather than in the center, for space and cohesion reasons but also because people seem to be having issues with ladders directly under hatches. With bigger rooms to house ladder tubes, I guess it wouldn't matter as much but corridors are pretty cramped and that center spot is prime real estate (downward-facing windows, for example.
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
    While translating the game to finnish, i found "Drill" and "Anchor" items. Looks like some of these are getting already done :)
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    Pretty sure most of the stuff in regards to the bases is actually in the process of being done.