Suggestions!

patchdog67patchdog67 Australia Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204101Members
After having Subnautica for a while now and playing the game I have had a few ideas which I think might improve it.

Seabases:

1. I would love to see a sea base unit added that is like a vertical tube just for the ladder. This would be useful if you wanted to build a base on the side of a cliff and have a way to the bottom, or if you wanted to also have a hatch on the surface while having your base on the sea floor.
2. Another sea base unit that would be useful is a docking port for the Cyclops. This would be useful and convenient if you wanted to move between the Cyclops and a sea base in a hurry, such as if there were stalkers outside. Also it looks like some places will be dangerous for the player to be unprotected and this would allow bases built in these places to be more safely accessed
3. Similar to my last suggestion perhaps a hanger for the Seamoth? this would be useful for the same reasons stated above.
4. I would also love to see larger sea base units added, whether its hangers or not. I love building the sea bases and would love more variety.

Machines:

1. I would like to see some machines be added for use in the sea bases or on the cyclops, something that is more like furniture than tool like the fabricator. For example an aquarium to store fish the player has collected.
2. Another machine could be some sort of algae farm, harvesting energy or something similar to produce food over time for the player
3. A third machine I thought of could be some sort of topographical map, perhaps displayed with a hologram. This could show, within a set radius, a section of the seafloor. This would be especially useful in the cyclops while exploring. You could also set this machine up so if the player to see further, gain more details about biomes, flora or fauna they would need upgrades.

Food:

1. It looks like fish doesn't respawn. This leads to food sources being depleted. I'm sure however others have noticed this as well and have mentioned it to you.
2. As salt deposits are used to craft food, perhaps a desalination machine could be made? something that filters seawater and over time, produces salt.
3.I would like to see some sort of farming added to the game, something that, as long as requirements are met, produces food over time. I have mention one possible way you could do this above.

Also as I have seen posted on countless forums I would love for this game to be multiplayer, a friend of mine plays this game as well and we would love to work together exploring the depths of Subnautica.
I am loving this game so far and I think the finished product will be absolutely amazing. I hope my suggestions will help in the process. If I think of any more ideas I will be sure to post them