The hilarious and unfortunate predicament of my seamoth.

BenGachowskiBenGachowski Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204096Members
edited May 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So I was gathering floaters to move some rock in a cave, and after achieving this goal I simply discarded the leftovers around my base. This was a very poor decision. When I got into my seamoth to go to my next object I hit one of the floaters, which immediately attached itself to my vehicle. Now I'm currently floating at the surface of the ocean, tilted nearly vertical, and completely unable to exit my sub. I can drive around, but if I press E to exit, it throws a SpawnNearby failed error and nothing happens. I tried to scrape it off but that just damaged my seamoth. While being really really funny, its kinda preventing me from doing anything. Got any quick fix for this?

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Haha well that certainly is a predicament!

The issue of "Spawnnearby failed" has already been raised - https://trello.com/c/HdoIT4xq/443-spawn-nearbyfailed-with-a-beached-seamoth-thanks-vandragorax

It is high priority so hopefully will get fixed soon in experimental, and I've added your reproduction case with a floater being stuck to the outside of the hull too, so thanks for that :)

In the mean time... I would suggest maybe the only option is to destroy your seamoth then build or use cheats to spawn in a new one. Ooops! :P
  • BenGachowskiBenGachowski Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204096Members
    Thanks for responding. Interestingly enough, when I loaded my game again a day later I was spawned inside of the escape pod, so I did manage to go pick the floaters off my seamoth and save it. I don't know if that is a surefire way to get out of the seamoth when spawnNearby failed, but it is worth trying for anybody else who gets trapped. :)
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I had yesterday 4 floaters at my Cyclops because I drived them over, then my Cyclops goes up like a dolphin that goes backwards on his feets, then I was teleported over the Mushroom forest, I had to swim back to my Cyclops, I grabbed the floaters away from my ship and then my ship goes normal. :)