New Equipment/Item Suggestions

LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
I've seen suggestions for vehicles to creatures, but haven't seen an equipment and items thread yet! So here we are! Here you can discuss your finest, game changing equipment and items.
There are only two guidelines:
1. Think about your suggestion before posting, Is it really useful, and is it just a mod for something that already exists?
2. Think about others suggestions! Great ideas can sound stupid at first, so try to suggest how it can be better instead of shooting it down.

Comments

• Kr0nosKr0nos USA Join Date: 2015-04-27 Member: 203889Members
    I would love some sort of pressure resistant suit that can go to deep depths
  • ThynepentheanThynepenthean US Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203933Members
    It's not really an item but I was thinking, when the game is in it's final stages of development it would be cool if they made a tutorial on the mother ship before the crash happens. That way you can learn all of the crafting and movements and be part of the experience when the ship goes down. Not sure what it would take but they already have the 3D movement in water and oxygen restrictions so a translation to orbit might be possible.
  • Gideon999Gideon999 Canada Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203938Members
    One small thing that could be easy to code would be a bubble level for the subs. I noticed the need for it when I took the seamoth down the side of the cliff at the edge of the game world (before I knew thats what it was). I got down about 3400 meters, and could not sort out which way was up without turning in circles until my depth meter started decreasing. A small orb full of water with a bubble in it on the dashboard would be all that would be needed to keep a constant "up" bearing to assist in deep sea navigation (or caves too) alongside the compass.
  • Gideon999Gideon999 Canada Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203938Members
    Another thing that would be very useful is a more visible tech tree. I may be just a newb (entirely possible!) but it seems like the crafting options are often only seen in the crafting menu when you possess the items to make it. Once I make it, it disappears so I don't know what I need to make it again. I mainly noticed this with trying to build a new fragment analyzer to put in my base so I don't have to use the one on the escape pod.

Apologies if this IS already in there somehow and I just didn't notice but it seems to be the case to me.
  • LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    @Gideon999 They are already working on the Fabricator system, but a tech tree sounds AMAZING. I find so many spare fragments, I'd love to level up the Seamoth and Cyclops so that they can go to greater depths.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    better air tanks that last hours
  • Cynder_DragonbornCynder_Dragonborn United Staes Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203557Members
    tarek wrote: »
    better air tanks that last hours

Plz?
  • DominicinatorDominicinator AU/NZ Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202657Members
    Spatial
    Point
    to
    Point
    Adjacent
    Transport
    SPPAT, another acronym could be
    I Really Needed A Vowel to Make it Sound Good So it Doesn't Completely Make Sense IRNAVMSGSDCMS
    It's a short range Teleportation item that would be made when you're in the beggining of the Late game (By then you will probably have went down to 1km+ and found a little bit of Platinum or Osmiridium).

It could be upgraded later in the game to allow a Longer Distance mode (Requiring 3 Diamonds, a Wiring Kit, a Computer Chip and your SPPAT, and 2 Osmium (Explained later), made in the fabricator), you would be able to switch modes from Short Range to the Longer range one.

The normal SPATT is made with 1Diamond, a Wiring Kit, 2 Computer chips, and 2 Platinum (Explained later).

I'm not sure if this is completely scientifically correct, and I'm sure the location isn't correct, but, I'll just use the "bcuz alwien plunet" excuse:
    Osmium is obtained in the fabricator from splitting Osmiridium, which is found in (Some rock) (35% more rare than Diamonds in the Koosh biome) at depths Greater than 1km, the fabricator also gives you 2 Iridium, which I haven't thought of a use for yet. Platinum is obtained in depths greater than 300m, it's a rare drop from (Some rock) (25% more rare than Diamonds in the Koosh biome).
  • SlippitySlapsSlippitySlaps PNW Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203974Members
    I would like to see more expansion of base building. As in, more structures to build, or the ability to build rooms. Currently we have tunnels to get from A to B, but there is no real end point in the design. I'd love to see us be able to construct rooms that have two floors connected with stairs, or rooms that conclusively have a wall of lockers to act as a central store room. In the future, they could add furnishings, such as plants, lights. Ideally, provide atmosphere to the underwater base environment. As the world begins to flesh out, I think our constructions should have that ability too.
  • AbyssalAbyssal The Abyss Join Date: 2015-05-01 Member: 204003Members
    The things I would like added are

-Dive Helmet-

Appearance:- Each upgrade to have a different looking Hud appearance (the bit you see around the outside of the screen), also to update the shadow of your diver when wearing different helmets.

-Cyclops Upgrades-
    Sensor Upgrade:-a sensor upgrade that doesn't use up the hull upgrade slots, this will allow you to ping out a sonar that will register somehow in the sub, when it hits either organics or non-organics.

Periscope:- A Periscope that extends above the surface to see without requiring to surface

Charge Hull:- the capability to charge the hull with a mild shock to drive off predators that strike your sub

Lockers:- Make the Lockers aboard the Cyclops functional, they don't have to open but make them able to store items.

Engine Upgrades:- Engine upgrades that also change the outward appearance of the Cyclops.

ROV:- a Remote Drone also stored within the Cyclops that launches and allows limited exploration but not retrieval of items, the ROV has a very short battery and has to be redocked with the Cyclops to recharge.
  • sockadudesockadude america Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204034Members
    edited May 2015
    You should add another cyclops like the one in the concept art. Not only would people love it but it could have better stuff but it's way more expensive to make. I also think there should be another seamoth other with attachments.
  • KILLTHISKILLTHIS Germany Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204051Members
    edited May 2015
    1.) Bigger rooms for bases. So far we have quite a few handy items, but let's face it: You easily clogg up your entire base and it get's hard to walk past them if you're not careful. So having a few rooms (maybe a laboratory?) would be nice.
    2.) Transport. So far I usually end up with at least two different bases at different points on the map, so having a fixed method on transportation without the need of a sub would be cool (as in some sort of monorail) to connect both.
    3.) Vertical parts for the bases. Sometimes I just want to get down but not build a bunch of unnecessary parts just to get down far enough with my ladder.
    4.) High performance lights. It's REALLY dark down there, so having a module for better lightning on a sub would be pretty rad.
    5.) External lights for bases. Beacons are nice and all but the ability to at least illuminate a bit more around your base at night would be cool. Sometimes you just don't want to stay inside all the time and at least gather a little something in close vicinity but it's often too dangerous because you just don't see anything.
    6:) Hull breaching for bases and thick blast doors - simply said, there are going to be huge monsters which can easily destroy a seamoth. So why should it avoid attcking the player when it can see him behind a window? Also put more meaning to windows. Let's say you've build a base somewhere next to the seabed and a boneshark spots you inside the base behind a window. Now it charges for an attack and crushes your window - in return it cracks, water enters, and so on. Would be awesome and also do a lot for the decisionmaking in terms of base design. Also you could use enalmed glass instead, which is more sturdy to attacks and doesn't crack as easily.
    7.) Docks. I want a convenient way of entering my base without exposing to external threats.
  • someone_elsesomeone_else south africa Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204055Members
    what i would like is sub-class seamoths like when you hold your cursor over the build sea moth icon than you can see extra seamoth options. examples of seamoths. combat moths(shoots from turrets attached to the moth), burrow moth(has a drill in front that allows it to dig through rock and sand, gather moth(has arm to grab,cut and break materials and a locker to store goods and items you obtain), builder moth( has two short arms in front that allows it to build), armor moth(tuff exterior enable to dive deeper and take more damage), power moth(a boost engine enables you to travel faster).
  • someone_elsesomeone_else south africa Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204055Members
    one vehicle i would like to see is a walker. can cling to cave walls and climb surfaces
    Brainwave!!! A Depth Pinger! Made simply from two Titanium and a Computer Chip, the Depth Pinger, when used, displays the distance to the seafloor. It'd be great for deep water seabases, and for when your completely dependent on your Seaglide. :|
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited May 2015
    KILLTHIS wrote: »
    1.)2.) Transport. So far I usually end up with at least two different bases at different points on the map, so having a fixed method on transportation without the need of a sub would be cool (as in some sort of monorail) to connect both.
    Add this to the suggestion made by the poster below you regarding the Moths. A tunnelling Moth could drive a straight line from one base to another through the terrain for a transport tube to be put in.

However, I'd sort of like this to be a transparent tube when it is not inside a tunnel the tunnelling Moth has made. You sit on a platform and be driven through the transparent tunnel so you get to see everything as you go past. Maybe an option to increase or decrease the speed so you can take a good look or just whiz past.
  • shadow-wolf1971shadow-wolf1971 north carolina Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204185Members
    edited May 2015
    Tryst wrote: »
    KILLTHIS wrote: »
    1.)2.) Transport. So far I usually end up with at least two different bases at different points on the map, so having a fixed method on transportation without the need of a sub would be cool (as in some sort of monorail) to connect both.
    Add this to the suggestion made by the poster below you regarding the Moths. A tunnelling Moth could drive a straight line from one base to another through the terrain for a transport tube to be put in.

However, I'd sort of like this to be a transparent tube when it is not inside a tunnel the tunnelling Moth has made. You sit on a platform and be driven through the transparent tunnel so you get to see everything as you go past. Maybe an option to increase or decrease the speed so you can take a good look or just whiz past.

I think it is a nice idea but what would be the point in having a sub if you can make a transport system I would just like the idea someone made on here making the seamoth and Cyclops upgradeable but with more slots then its current slots and defense measures
    Abyssal wrote: »

-Cyclops Upgrades-
    Sensor Upgrade:-a sensor upgrade that doesn't use up the hull upgrade slots, this will allow you to ping out a sonar that will register somehow in the sub, when it hits either organics or non-organics.

Periscope:- A Periscope that extends above the surface to see without requiring to surface

Charge Hull:- the capability to charge the hull with a mild shock to drive off predators that strike your sub

Lockers:- Make the Lockers aboard the Cyclops functional, they don't have to open but make them able to store items.

Engine Upgrades:- Engine upgrades that also change the outward appearance of the Cyclops.

ROV:- a Remote Drone also stored within the Cyclops that launches and allows limited exploration but not retrieval of items, the ROV has a very short battery and has to be redocked with the Cyclops to recharge.

But maybe have charge hull eat up some of your battery percentage to keep people from going crazy using it on everything in site. And the R.O.V. destroyable by sea creatures so you would have to build another so you might think twice on when and where to use it. and maybe a sonar for mapping the ocean floor.(makes your visual map as you go.)

As far as the base, just regular rooms would be great with the ability to add windows and reinforcements. as far as what you have in the room is up to the builder more like a mindcraft thing lol. but I would think that would make it better for add-ons later and a docking room for the seamoth, built with a moon pool and some lifter arms like in the Cyclops. Or a umbilical the connects the base to the side of the Cyclops using that side hatch under the seamoth docking area towards the front. And glass walls for maybe building a observatory.
    (Vertical tunnels for building down and up.)
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited May 2015
    I think it is a nice idea but what would be the point in having a sub if you can make a transport system I would just like the idea someone made on here making the seamoth and Cyclops upgradeable but with more slots then its current slots and defense measures

Because using a sub to go from one place to another can be time consuming. A transport system can allow us to move more quickly from place to place to gather resources. I don't want to see a teleport system, it would make the world a bit pointless, however, something that allows faster transport would be great. You could have bases dotted around with Moths docked at each one. A moth can get you places faster but their charge limits their range, the Cyclops is just slooooooow. Therefore, a slightly faster way of moving around would be nice if it still meant:
    1. You had to build the transport tube to start with, that means a lot of resources and a lot of time to build.
    2. You still saw the wildlife and scenery as you travel.
    3. Rather than have 1 huge base, you can have several in different biomes all linked by transport tubes.

The subs are still necessary for exploration in and around the bases.
  • SkizomeuhSkizomeuh France Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203939Members
    Ain't it possible to use current generators as fast transportation system? I didn't craft one yet, so I don't know how far it blows :smile:
  • Cataclysm315Cataclysm315 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204190Members
    Gideon999 wrote: »
    One small thing that could be easy to code would be a bubble level for the subs. I noticed the need for it when I took the seamoth down the side of the cliff at the edge of the game world (before I knew thats what it was). I got down about 3400 meters, and could not sort out which way was up without turning in circles until my depth meter started decreasing. A small orb full of water with a bubble in it on the dashboard would be all that would be needed to keep a constant "up" bearing to assist in deep sea navigation (or caves too) alongside the compass.

Omg yes! And you would have to run to your little pod and eject from the main ship!
    A resonator that keeps creatures away for a certain radius by sound would be extremely nice.