Plot/Story/Quest/Companion idea - LANA

aSterix44aSterix44 Poland Join Date: 2015-04-23 Member: 203757Members
I've been playing recently quite a lot survival/exploration, early access game. Allthough they give sometimes load of fun and adrenaline, they all are missing a plot/story idea, that makes players want them to play it still, after exploring hundreds of moutains/depths/caves, after gathering every resource in dozens, after having every possible building and vehicle crafted. Freedom is nice but soon its not comfotable for human beeings. We have been slaves of almost everything during our pitiful lives on this planet. We have been slaves so long that freedom is not for us. We get bored with freedom. We need to know what we have to do. Go to school, be nice, find a girlfriend, get married, get THAT car, grow up :).
Take that axe and go build a house 6x6x3 blocks with a window and a door.
Yeah thats gaming. Thats core of gaming. :) I got 2 boys aged 10 & 8 they watch lots of youtube mostly minecraft. Its also a freedom game! But as we all need orders, publicity gives orders for players needed to be made in next episode. Or whole survival maps. We need to be told to gather that 100001 ore. Because quest needs it or Achivements (my fav :) )
I know that theres also a bunch of people who are aware of beeing slaves and sometimes we just need to go deeper on our own.
But no matter if you're politically correct or not, it also really doesn't matter if you like chicken or prefer beef, totally irreleant if your highschool love was Cindy Crawford or David Hasselhoff. We are here to swim, swim deep. And we want to swim good, but we need to be told where to swim to swim good you may say. But we need freedom in freedom game say others.
I spent some time visiting chamber of meditation (where best ideas are born) and best uptodate solution is LANA

LANA

Is a programme which actually invents and builds players PDA :). She supports player, acts as tutor, story-teller and sort of quest giver. To keep us busy or just informed about some issues going around.
She is not an AI, she describes herself (at very beggining) as a versatile module for multi-habitational purposes
*that means i take care of all stuff happening around the pod... daily
adds bit later sadly

player's support module/tutor
- greets player as he becomes concious after Aurora crash.
*Good mornig Captain. Thank god you woke up. You got no serious injuries and your general condition is good. Thats quite surprising after the Aurora's crash. There are no other human lifeforms detected...
Informs him that habitat is full of eligible flora and fauna, moderatly dangerous around the pod, and gives him first 'sortof' quest - get food!- [i dont see it as regular quests from rpgs, more like a log in PDA (which will contain map with fog of war and gps and other usefull things :) willit?willit?
*While you where unconcious I've made some geo and bio scans of local area. Marked some interesting spots, you can see them on your front screen

- player goes out for the first time. cutscene? showing the beauty of surrounding world? or thats just too much?
[Nice job with labels to aquireable items] After collecting 1st of each you get close-up on your PDA, 'scan' of full 3D nice piece of collected quartz, titanium etc with some useless(scientific blabla) information :), while food related fauna/flora gets additional information on quantity of food/water in it (some,moderate,lots)
*Captain, your oxygen tank is not enough for deeper diving, consider making a new one

- encountering predators. or movie-like mid-range close-up (hope you get-it under-stood :D ) or just static photograph on PDA. LANA goes bit nerous when we get around those.
*He's going to attack us Captain, get out of there
*George! theres more than one, hurry!
sorry for George, forgot his name. After x seconds she is sorry for calling him by name. shes sweet Lana :)

- basic information on different biomes encounter (while progresing ingame it could provide with more and more information about biome, PDA upgrades or calculated by time spent in biome)
*Beware Captain, this is dangerous predators life space
*I bet you can get some quartz here

- basic underwater life support infos (remaining oxy in tank (already), depth reached, distance to POD/base point, etc.
*So long you have swam 25 miles. Im impressed, few more and maybe you can get to the Olympics

story teller/quest giver/companion
We were sent into space looking for colonizable planets with mission to terraform. After Aurora's crash mission objectives changed to Survive. Staying alive is our primary objective, so obvoius endgame is death :) End of story sleep well, bye bye. But, whats that?
*Captain! Captain! Are you Ok Captain? Sensors in you biosiut showed low oxygen lvl and high risk of death, therefore i issued code blue to our last working drone.
/You should be more aware of your oxygen lvl next time Captain

predator death version
*Captain!... Those nasty predators bit your ass really good Captain. Keep it covered next time since it looks pretty appetizing
YES! I want a female char too! :)

LANA is like viser partner helping us to survive in unknown. Providing usefull informations during exploration, keeping us away from death and gently pushing us to explore more and more
* Do you remember Captain that deep cave in sector A1, i marked it in you PDA. We should go explore it really soon since we got Cyclop. I bet we can find something of value there.
But most important LANA is our companion. [Because im too scared to go down deep all by myself :) ]

System requirements:
LANA is versatile module for multi-habitational purposes. That means she is here to make this planet eligible for future colonisation. Therefore she is not capable of dealing with any kind of lethal weapons.
*Weapons Captain? I cant craft weapons. I was designed for food and water processing purposes along with base oversee. I know nothing about plasma canons Captain. It wouldn't be vise to wipe every predator out anyway. It would be a shock to an ecosystem, and that could be a serious danger to your survival Captain

LANA also needs latest scooba suit XM-3000. The one presented looks just like mine, bought in the mall last sunday :P
She can monitor health parameters via multiple chips in suit, reacting to current owner needs. She uses CoreGlass(TM)(R) installed on front screenof helmet to help navigate depths smoother and more efficient. Finally LANA is equipped with ultra sexy female voice, which will make you want to gather that one more copper looking to hear her say
*Leave that useless garbage you old, lazy, boar
* please dont listen to him, its not me Captain, i dont have 'mad witch' chipset installed. Im smart, active programm with entertainment add-on on board, would you like to hear me singing just for you Captain?

----

How do you like the idea? I was having nice fun makin it, so despite what you say im glad :P
Sorry for my english im not native.
My keyboard is not best shape (just like last working drone) so occasionally you can encounter missing letters. mostly V.

So many ideas, so many ideas and so little time to put them on paper. :)

whispers
*Captain... Captain ... Are you asleep Captain? I feel so lonely right now, wish someone just could hold me for a bit

Comments