Amphibians are one thing this game definitely needs

ilykejoshilykejosh NY Join Date: 2015-04-24 Member: 203773Members
This game needs amphibians for a couple reasons

1) The devs and the players seem to like the overall diversity of the creatures so amphibians will give the devs a logical outlet for more creatures.

2) With the inclusion of the floating island(s?) the amphibians could be implemented so the devs can work around doing specifically land based creatures if they really dont want to (or in the very least limit the number of species needed). This makes it so the amphibians can take up the limited land space and still be put to good use outside of just the islands.

3) Right now making a base on such an island basically makes it so nothing can be done to you and one of the things I like about this game is that just about anywhere you go, you need to be cautious. It tenses you up. What if you made a base on an island and went around doing some base adding/fixing, leaving to hunt, gather resources on the island and bam you see some giant amphibian come from the shore and charge you.

Just an extra thing or two that kind of ties in with point 1 is we could have passive ones, maybe even make them look like smaller alien salamanders or mud skippers or aggressive ones that could look like giant salamanders or even amphibian alien crocodile things. The possibilities are endless but amphibians would just fill a nice niche in the game right now imo.

Comments

• TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    I'm not really agree with this. Even if we have some "drifting" things, I think they are not suitable for any landed creatures.

Besides, this not Earth, so why copy the same scheme ? Make us dream with no kind of creatures we never saw (the stalker is very classical, but the smalls fish are interesting, not to mention the gazopod). Snakes and frogs are boring :p

I wish we can get a creature that can synthetize helium to flee in air rather than in any direction in the sea.
  • ZundyZundy UK Join Date: 2015-03-26 Member: 202589Members
    I kind of agree with you Tartarin in that the creatures should be more alien but I do think there should be some fauna and resources on the island because as it stands it's far too safe and quite boring locale.
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    I'm pretty sure that once the Islands are done, there will be land and flying creatures.
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    I would like to see water to air animals. I'm not talking about aquatic birds. These would be able to breathe underwater, and would swim around, but could jump out of the water into the air and fly around. However they would be unable to move on land. I think that would be cool.
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    I would like to see water to air animals. I'm not talking about aquatic birds. These would be able to breathe underwater, and would swim around, but could jump out of the water into the air and fly around. However they would be unable to move on land. I think that would be cool.

Peepers do make short jumps and in concept art Jellyrays are seen flying out of the water.
  • TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    Fireclaw wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that once the Islands are done, there will be land and flying creatures.

I don't think so.
    But if they plan to do it I would love to see peaks that piercing water, like jaws (and like we can see in the south Asia rivers's/sea's). Here we will find flying only creatures, with a dive ability like a kingfisher. But... No. Even if this idea comes from me, I don't want to see it in game. It's a waterworld, no land please. Or a few small ones like top of volcano.

Yes I was thinking the same. And I was thinking about the big flying dolphin we can see in Ecco the dolphin 2 on megadrive. This though may be a little childish, but the idea behind is great. Reefback (or a new species) is great in that role.