Menu not working and very weird start screen problems

SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
In-game, clicking escape to bring up the menu causes the game to "freeze" in a way, rendering all attempts to exit the menu impossible and causing all the menu buttons to do nothing. No return to game, no feedback, no exit. Nothing works.

This might be related:

9Mdh6K8.jpg?1

See that small feedback menu in the middle? That showed up around the same time and DOES NOT appear when I reinstalled without the experimental beta. This also happens with the loading screen artwork when starting a game (as in, that artwork appears as a small picture in the main menu) as well as the build number information that goes in the upper right hand corner.

Again, this only happens in the experimental build. I was relatively problem free in experimental up until today.

Comments

• GavoteGavote Ann Arbor Join Date: 2015-04-24 Member: 203786Members
    This looks familiar!
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    Update. The frozen menu problem seems to have been fixed.

However, the problem where the concept art at the loading screen and build information remains. But hey, I can play my game. So thanks.
  • VanSebastianVanSebastian Poland Join Date: 2017-08-24 Member: 232609Members
    Big Problem Freezed Menu PLEASE HELP
    I have opened for the first time game, (after download there was no launch preparation in steam) my menu buttons does not work. I search for fix but nothing worked. On my friends laptop everything works fine. I have ASUS 8GB RAM Intel Core i5-4200H @ 2.80 GHz x2 and second graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M. I even not have log file, game didnt make it...I bought this game yesterday and i spended 1h in this menu...Im REALLY UPSET...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Make sure everything is up to date (Windows, drivers) Uninstall / delete any folders left in \steamapps\common\Subnautica / reinstall.