[Bug] - Cyclops no longer flooding with water in experimental

TazeTaze UK Join Date: 2015-04-01 Member: 202819Members
I can have 10+ hull breaches all leaking water but not flood animation. Sometimes I just randomly die but there is still no water visible in the sub.

Comments

• ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    Pictures? Anything?
  • TazeTaze UK Join Date: 2015-04-01 Member: 202819Members
    Latest build - Freedom mode tested crashing the sub over and over. All indication is that the sub should be flooding, there's even the animation of water entering through cracks in the hull but the sub does not flood. - Replicated on Survival and hard-core mode.

Will try and get some screenshots.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    Will try and verify later today. Might be a one off. Experimental is sort of like that some times:)

edit: totes mcGoats
    the report is here: https://trello.com/c/m89kaEAt/411-cyclops-not-showing-flood-level-in-16430
  • maagzmaagz Sweden Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203543Members
    edited April 2015
    Taze wrote: »
    I can have 10+ hull breaches all leaking water but not flood animation. Sometimes I just randomly die but there is still no water visible in the sub.

Have had the same bug since exp16255 (around the 10th IIRC). I've tried at least once a day, so a fair deal of experimentals, without any luck flooding or sinking it until now!

Before game launch I made sure that all saves were removed and integrity in steam rechecked
    Running exp16583 at the moment.

Description:
    1. Fresh game in freedom or survival mode. Haven't tried hardcore.
    2. Spawn Cyclops using "sub cyclops"
    3. Take Cyclops to between 100-200 and smack it around. 2 or 20 breaches make no difference
    4. Can keep driving without sinking nor flooding but the "sub-is-filled-with-water" water-flow animation is showing around the breaches. This goes on forever; 400m depth, nothing. Eventually (20+min) I respawned in the escape pod with the "Died" prompt. No oxygen or health warnings.
    5. Came back to sub but couldn't catch up since it was sinking away from me at the same speed I approached, like if it was completely flooded.

This gave me an idea...

6. Did everything up until point 3 but only sustained 2 breaches as to not overdo it
    7. Returned to safe depth
    8. Die using "kill" command
    9. Get back to cyclops; Not sinking nor flooding but the "sub-is-filled-with-water" water-flow animation is still showing around the breaches.
    10. Go down below 100m; Water-flow animations change to the "unflooded" kind and the sub starts flooding! Eventually it starts sinking as well =)

Managed to reproduce on my pc:
    Win7 Ulti x64
    i7 2600k
    hd7950 (Latest stable Omega drivers. Haven't tried with the 15.4beta)
    16GB RAM
    250SSD

...and on a friends pc:
    Win7 Ulti x64
    Unknown AMD 8core CPU
    hd6850
    8GB RAM
    120SSD

I'd rather not post my log on the forums but email it to a dev that feels they have the time to take a look at it. If time allows I will record a video later tonight (I'm in UTC+1) and post here.
    Thank you to whoever takes their time as this bug has really been killing the immersion.

PS. On yesterdays exp (164xx(?)) I went to 800m depth and back up without any problems except for the frickin' alarm sounding all the time ;)
    DS.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester