My Subnautica Ideas

DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can't Comm.England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
I'm very new to the game so some of these are likely to have been suggested already. (And I wrote all of these whilst on my phone on a train so I couldn't check.)

Anyway, here they are:

# New Locker designs (i.e implemented into the floor/walls/bench height like in the crash pod).

# Ability to label lockers. "Titanium" etc to make finding things a little easier.

# Sea-life analyser. Like the Fragment Analyser but for sea-life. Unlocks recipes/crafting patterns for player granting access to new items.

# Lamps/lights that can be deployed on the seabed. Battery's need to be replaced at regular intervals.

# Aquarium/specimen tanks (for breeding or analysis that provides the player with increased immunity/resistance to poison etc effects).

# Greenhouse for growing various plant-life. Certain (edible?) plants give small boosts to maximum oxygen level, swim speed, oxygen-loss rate, etc.

# Bed/cryo pod (sleep through the night, recover health, recover from poisons/toxins inflicted by fish/squids/mushrooms etc)

# Computer terminal/encyclopaedia with info on the life forms you've collected/interacted with/dissected/analysed. Terminal also has info (lore?) on tech items such as Seamoth, Cyclops, Rebreather etc (company that manufactured it, year of production, public/military applications, consumer reception, rotatable 3D model ala Smash Bros trophies).

# Specific base part/piece designed for docking a Seamoth/Cyclops. Can be upgraded to also repair & recharge docked vessels but is slow unless plenty of generators are provided. Not enough generators results in the lights flickering inside of the players base tunnels/corridors.

# Metal detector device. Gives the player a rough idea if there's ore nearby. Different tones play (or lights are different colours) for different types of metal. Only lasts a set duration. Cannot be recharged or have its battery replaced. (For balance reasons).

# Placing the flesh (pheromones?) of certain creatures on the seabed attracts or repels other creatures. (Keeps Stalkers/Gasopods away from your base etc.)

# Spear-gun for catching the slightly faster fish/sea-life.

Like I said, most of these probably aren't new but still worth a mention.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    NO SPEAR GUNS :P
    The rest of them are OK, with some good ones in there (about half are repeats or are planned BTW)
  • DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can't Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I've
    Seldkam wrote: »
    NO SPEAR GUNS :P
    The rest of them are OK, with some good ones in there (about half are repeats or are planned BTW)
    Yeah I've done a little reading since getting home and seen the repeats. Oh well, no harm done.

Can I ask though, why the disliking of spearguns? I realize that the game isn't supposed to be focused (at all) around combat but surely using a them to spear small fish (to eat) is okay?

The devs want a game where killing is more than discouraged shall we say... And I agree, this game has no reason to include such things since we are, after all, able to create equipment like the stasis rifle

basically, there's no point to killing with such a brutal weapon, so there is no need to include them

Yes, cooking a peeper is killing it but it has a purpose in that the Player needs to survive... Including a speargun would most likely end up with lots of peole running around shooting things with no good reason
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    While I'd like a Spear Gun myself, it'd be easily abused...

(personally I'd use it like make-shift grappling hook to speed across terrain! I could be the batman of the sea! :D )
    Inb4 Grapple-glide is announced just for frostyfish :P
  • JamyBotJamyBot England Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216935Members
    Id love it if they put in some hidden monstrosity. without telling anyone. Just a massive hole somewhere, and as curiosity grabs the player they descend, going deeper into this over sized rabbit hole. Passed a certain depth all music is cut off, no natural light able to penetrate this far into the abyss. Suddenly, a tiny light, is there a bottom? Curiosity has cast its line and hooked the player (yes a fishing pun) what is it? A fish? at this depth? maybe some plant life on a strange rocky formation? Then, rumbling, tremors as a gigantic, orange eye opens, peering deep into the players soul as its vile mouth opens revealing many rows of disfigured teeth and hits the player with a stomach turning screech and swallows the player whole, the journey only ends when we hit the things stomach and are teleported home. at random moments in the game no mater what depth or above or even below water, the screech can be heard 0.0 just an idea though. love the game.
  • Warper01Warper01 Australia Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216922Members
    edited May 2016
    they should add defence systems like stasis cannons for the Cyclops.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Warper01 wrote: »
    they should add defence systems like stasis cannons for the Cyclops.

Funny you should mention that.

I added a chin turret to the Gen III Cyclops (in 'Aurora Falls') and chucked in dual repulsion cannons as well.

And then there's the TRIDENT system. Active sonar on steroids. :)
  • ExtremeAstronomyExtremeAstronomy Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220117Members
    I have some more ideas:

# Land creatures for the Floater Island:
    the_diversity_of_spinostomes_by_nemo_ramjet.jpg
    Especially the bottom-right one. It will be found in the central regions of the Floater Island and will be defensive.
    The upper right one will be in the caves of the Mountain Islands and floater island. It will hang from the ceiling and camouflage. It attacks the player when underneath it. Its behaviour will be similar to the Bleeder and will be a little blood-sucker.
    The bottom-right one is will be common on the shores of the Mountain Islands. It will behave the same as the upper right one.

# A huge shrimp-like creature:
    alien_sea_creature_by_yefumm-d5hmb31.jpg
    This thing will be found in the Grand Reef and will be the only predator of the Sea Treader. Maybe also found in the Twisty Bridges when added.

# Some new plants:
    spore_mega_flora.jpg
    They will exist on the mountain island only. They will drop fruits. Here the Purple Passion will be carnivorous and will swallow you whole!

# A big predator:
    alien_sea_creatures_by_simonfetscher-d766r3m.jpg
    This will be the predator of the reefback. About the same size as the Reaper Leviathan. It will not be very agressive to the player. It will live in the Mushroom Forest, Grassy Plateaus and Twisty Bridges.