Underwater cave with air (Disney Atlantis)

dargor5dargor5 USA Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202192Members
Ok so one thing that this game reminds me a lot is the movie Atlantis from Disney and it would be cool to see something like that here, after all is an alien world. I'm sure we already got the ideas for huge creatures in the depts but how about something like Atlantis in the Disney movie? It was a really deep cave filled with air (for some reason). That could make for a cool base site and exploration point for deeper sites and we don't just have to have the one, there could be many more, don't you guys agree?

Comments

• FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    Underwater caverns with air pockets would be cool, even have little bat-like creatures that were "trapped" down there and evolved in their own little ecosystem so that they are completely different than any of the other flying/terrestrial creatures on the planet, but nothing too "disney"-esque. The game/planet reminds me a lot of Pandora, from the movie Avatar, personally, mostly because of all the bioluminesence.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    @dargor5 nice idea about that cave, as long as no Mickey mouse is showing up! ^^ i love the aquatic theme and i really hope they can keep that consistent in any future creature design! @Fireclaw like the cave-bat! think about the fact that this planet is 99,99% made of water! if there would be a bat-like creature it would most certainly evolve out of something living in the huge ocean! a bat-fish, bat-crab, ... or something similar! ^^
  • dargor5dargor5 USA Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202192Members
    Lol I said Disney cause that's the company that made the movie. No I dont want anything Diney like, but a whole underwater cave with air (maybe not breathable air) could be amazing. With its own creatures.
    Of course this sort of cave should always be dangerous to access, like having huge creatures around it, after all if such a thing were to show up it should be like more than 600m below