Creature Ideas

.SuBB.SuBB The Netherlands Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202636Members
Hi i had some ideas based on the irl creatures that live in the sea, Screen shots will come later. Click on the blue photo bigger to reveal the text!
We have a steam group join it ! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SubnauticaIdeas
My steam ID is iiSuBB or if youre lazy just click this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084359560/

Name: Aveyl
Carnivorous
Hunts with light to lure friendly fish like spade fish etc
Lives only in deep places in the sea only comes up when he is starving

Name: FeatherFish
Friendly
Makes himself bigger when being attacked by a fish that is carnivorous Like the stalker
Lives in shallow water and in undeep caves

Name: ExileFish
Normal/ When you hit him/her he or she will attack the one that hit the fish, it wil keep following the attacker until surface
When its night the ExileFish will be only at caves sheltering for bigger fish that like to kill the ExileFish
Lives in Shallow water and hides at night in undeep caves

Name: SpunFish
Friendly
Has spikes on his body to defend its self, Spikes will only come out when the SpunFish is hit
Lives in CreepVine enviorments

Name: Diker
Carnivorous
Hunts for bigger pray then himself so he can grow bigger so he can defend himself againts other predators
Lives in deep waters only comes to shallow water at night

Name: Oxyl
Carnivorous
This fish will eat coral, And smaller fish then himself,If this fish eats coral it changes to the color of the eaten Coral
Lives in Shallow water

Name: ViperFish
Normal/ When hit the fish will follow its attacker by planting an green knob on his back this knob is used to hatch other ViperFish
The ViperFish will plant an knob on its attack or random fish/human and use the human/fish as a carrier for its eggs
Lives in creepvine enviorments and shallow waters

Name: Dission
Carnivorous
This fish will attack any fish exept bigger fish then himself
Dission has green shards on his body that he uses as self defense the shards will shoot out posion when attack
Lives in deep waters

Idea from christian2506
Name: KivonFish
Friendly
These fish will fly over water and cannot dive as deep as the other fish they will be the most of the time above the water
The KivonFish has a wing like body that he uses to fly over the water
Lives above the water and in 1-10 meter waters

Idea from christian2506
Name: Gerocha
Normal/ When attacked he will attack
A mole like creature that makes nests on the island in the map of subnautica, And has 2 large eyes on the side of the head
Gerocha will eat plants on the island and will eat you if you attack it
Lives on land

Idea from christian2506
Name: Hectria
Friendly
A octopus like creature that spits out green spit to attackers humans are immune to this spit
This octopus has 3 eyes 1 on his back and the other 2 on the side of the head
Lives in caves and in Shallow water

Name: Zillan
Friendly
A fishlike bird that flies in the skys like in the trailer these will often come to the water surface to relax there
This bird will pick little fish that are swimming in unshallow water the Zillan can dive for 30 seconds
Lives in the air/ and or attacking in water

Idea from Frank_The_Duck
Name: Driel
Carnivorous
A Octopus like in appearance but the size of a mezmar, Strangles small fish to hunt
Latches on and slowly breaks mask to attack player if the player gets to close Exit the cave to cause it detach
Lives in Deep underwater caves

Idea from Frank_The_Duck
Name: WideJaw
Carnivorous Large shark creature (bigger than bone shark), Opens its mouth to massive sizes when attacking,When its mouth is open it generates strong currents to suck in players/fish
Larger then the boneshark it will fight constantly with the boneshark for terretory
Found in deep areas

Idea from Frank_The_Duck
Name: Propeller-fish:
Friendly
Peeper sized fish that uses tendrils to form a natural propeller to move through the water,Will sprint away from player and predators at high speed if they get too close.
When its night the Propeller fish will spit out red Fluid that will explode when an player and or fish goes thru it
Lives in shallow water and will hang around metal pieces if there are no predators

Click on the blue photo bigger to reveal the text!

Comments

• Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    FIRST OF ALL, keep the Aquaticlook of ALL animals! no matter if they live on land, water or fly! it's a great world u created there! Keep that!

Water:
    - maybe something that can camoflage itself like octopus do! would be nice for aggressive and defensive fish alike!
    - more crustaceans and jellyfishlike creatures, maybe a combination of both ^^
    - something like a living coral-reef, a huge unmovable creature of enormous sice. like a biom itself

Land:
    - friendly landliving creatures, maybe to get milk, eggs, lether, ... make them look aquatic too, like they just developed recently from seacreatures
    - ability to breed them
    - landliving carnivores like sharks or crocodiles, lazy predators that wait for there food to come Close and than ... BAM :D

Air:
    - flying fish like seen in the animated Trailer
    - flying gecko or amphibians that catch for fish in shallow water
    - flying spores, mushroom island
    - airfilled balloonlike fish that can fly out of the water, or release the air and fall back down to dive (like blowfish)
  • .SuBB.SuBB The Netherlands Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202636Members
    @Christian2506 i added some ideas from u thanks man ill make some more later <3
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    ur welcome! just want to add to a great community! thx ^^
  • Frank_The_DuckFrank_The_Duck Ireland Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202659Members
    edited April 2015
    I hope this thread takes off. But yeah, I have some suggestions.

Driel:
    Carnivorous,
    Octopus like in appearance but the size of a mezmar,
    Latches on and slowly breaks mask to attack player if player gets too close,
    Exiting the cave causes it to detach (similar to the bleeder),
    Strangles small fish to hunt,
    Found in undeep caves.

Wide-Jaw:
    Carnivorous,
    Large shark creature (bigger than bone shark),
    Opens its mouth to massive sizes when attacking,
    When its mouth is open it generates strong currents to suck in players or fish,
    Found in deep areas.

Grabber Coral:
    Passive,
    Regenerative coral that lives on reef backs,
    If harvested too much will fall off and die,
    Provides very small but regenerating coral supply,
    Only found attached to reef backs.

Propeller-fish:
    Passive,
    Peeper sized fish that uses tendrils to form a natural propeller to move through the water,
    Will sprint away from player and predators at high speed if they get too close,
    Lives in swallow water and will hang around metal pieces if there is no predators.

Tesla Ray:
    Passive,
    Slightly large than rabbit ray with 4 Tesla coil like appendages running down its back in 2 rows,
    If threatened it releases a burst of electricity which stuns and injures targets for a very short time,
    Lives in kelp forests.

Flare-fish:
    Passive,
    Hoop fish sized fish with a brightly coloured body,
    When injured it releases a large blinding flash,
    If threatened by predators it spits a small globing orb at another fish or the player which it sticks to,
    The flare attracts predators to whatever it hits,
    Lives in deep water.

Spine-fish:
    Passive,
    Mezmar sized fish that if threatened will spit a spray of poisonous spines forward towards predators,
    Likes to stay low to the sea floor,
    Instead of running from predators it prefers to attach to creep vines and turn green,
    If attached predators won't pursue it but it can be still be hurt by the player,
    Lives in kelp forests.

Scertler:
    Passive,
    Turtle-like crab with a large shell it hides in if being preyed on,
    It uses its pincers to pick up and carry away chunks of coral which it uses to build a small house,
    Attacks anythign that attacks or gets too close too its house,
    Scertlers stay near their houses once it builds one,
    It lives on the sea floor above 1000m and dies if it falls deeper.

Sucel (based off Christian's idea to have the hive from ns2 as a creature):
    Passive,
    Stalker sized ammonite like creature,
    Shifts through sea floor to suck up food,
    Sprays a jet of corrosive acid towards anything that harms it,
    Lives in groups and will attack anything that attacks others in the group,
    Lives below depths of 1000m.

Geigua:
    Passive,
    Small marine iquana like creature with geko hands,
    Will climb up and cling to anything above water,
    Can survive on land and is mainly found on islands,
    Fast swimmer but can only dive down 9m down and can only stay underwater for 100 H2O worth of time,
    If it ends up below 9m then it will automaticly ascend to the surface,
    Lives at the surface of the water.

Rammerhead:
    Carnivorous
    Hammer head shark with red and white stripes,
    Hunts like a bone shark,
    Will ram submarines and damaging hull and knocking them around if it sees one,
    Lives at 1000m or deeper.

I've started posting my extra ideas on this thread: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/136767/subnautica-wildlife/p2
    @Frank_The_Duck Thanks man i added some of these ideas to the list ! <3
  • Frank_The_DuckFrank_The_Duck Ireland Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202659Members
    .SuBB wrote: »
    @Frank_The_Duck Thanks man i added some of these ideas to the list ! <3

Thank you, I hope your thread takes off!
    @Christian2506 I added you on steam my name is iiSuBB
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    edited March 2015
    I've had some ideas as well, I even went so far as to make models in Spore xD.

Beakfish:
    passive
    (used as a food source)
    Environment: any shallow water, sandy area with coral.

Small fish about the size of a peeper that lives in shallow water and can usually be seen hiding amongst the coral, where it feeds on small creatures with it's powerful beak. Has large pectoral and tail fins which flash with bioluminescence when frightened.
    2zqyih0.png

Terrorfish:
    Aggressive,predator.

Environment: any deep water 100 meters deep or more.

Large(about the size of a Reefback) lives in deep water and has a large, expandable mouth, making it able to swallow something as wide as itself. Could swallow the player whole. Has camouflage that allows it to blend into the water.
    k33jic.png

Vacuum fish:

Environment: any shallow water sandy area.

Passive, but has two sharp dorsal fins that can stab the player and give slight damage before it darts off.
    About the same size as the player

This creature swims lazily along the bottom of shallow waters, using it's down-turned mouth to suck smaller creatures and other organic stuff from the sand, two gill-slits behind it's eyes are used to expell the sand it sucks in.
    1zywvmo.png

Elephant fish:
    Passive, predator.
    The size of a stalker

Environment: Creepvine forests

This creature hides on the bottom and uses it's long tendril-like appendage to catch passing prey like hoverfish and the occasional air-sack and passing it to their mouth, the way an elephant eats. It is harmless to the player unless the player passes over the top, in which the player would get a mild "poison" effect, and lose a little health.
    2u94llv.png

Plesiodon:(air breathing, has to go to the surface to breathe)
    Passive, predator(feeds on peepers, airsacks, boomerangs and hoverfish)

Environment: creepvine forests and medium-depth sandy areas with lots of peepers.

Small, about 4ft long. This creature is immensely curious and very intelligent, it will often approach the player as they are swimming around and will even follow their seamoth. It may offer presents like peepers or other fish and rocks or coral in an effort to play. Can be seen in groups of 3-10. Only dangerous to the player if the player attacks it, then it can do as much damage as a stalker and if there are others in the area, they will "help" the attacked one by attacking the player as a mob.

dwqw6d.png
    edited March 2015
    @Fireclaw this is really great can i ask you to make some spore models for the characters i have in the list atm? i have spore 2 but i cannot make creatures as good?
    @Fireclaw can i add you on steam maybe?
    @.SuBB You sure can, My steam name is fireclawiswoot

and I can try to make some of the creatures you have, the only reason I ever really go onto Spore anymore is to make creatures lol, I hardly ever actually play xD.
    @Fireclaw me2 dont really play it anymore but sure when youre done send me the pics via skype rsmthing?
    @Fireclaw i added you only need to accept
  • gnomemcbendykneesgnomemcbendyknees United States Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202651Members
    edited March 2015
    I think that there should be a refrence cthulhu at like around 2000/3000 meaters like it grabs you or your sub and pulls you under the map and kills you if you get to close. I think it would be pretty cool! I all so think that cthulhu shoud be 3 times the size of the Cyclops.
    @Fireclaw how did you get the photo's url
    @.SuBB just upload them to tinypic.com and use the IMG code, copy and paste it.

@Fireclaw how did you get the screenshot like that mine is way different?
    @Fireclaw nvm i was in another spore
    i love h.p.lovecraft very much but the cthulhu-thing is used to much in games and did not fit the tone and mood of subnautica. add a giant squid and i'm fine with that but please no cthulhu! this would be so cliche!
    edited March 2015
    i have done some quick drawings, but i did not find the time to PS them all... maybe i will add them to this post later next week,

here is a first look...

something like a amphibious frog creature with some Features of a catchfish and hammerhead shark, that lives in regions above the watersurface.
    Hey christian? Think you could try to make one of the creatures I mentioned if its not an issue because that is a hell of an awesome drawing.
    edited March 2015
    @Frank_The_Duck thx, which one do u want me to draw?
    found some older drawing on my harddrive... maybe they help... who knows ^^
    i did not think they match the style and tone of subnautica, but... ahh... damn it! wait a few days, i will make something more fitting!
  • warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
    Just a note to the OP never design a creature in spore ever. IT is a good tool yes but the terms of agreements for spore states that any creature designed in spore is the intellectual property of the game publisher, and they have sued people for using it to design creatures for art or other games.
    @Warbrand2 these creatures are made cuz of the model its not exactly ganne be like that this is just a physical photo so you can see if Subnautica added it how it would look like
    @Christian2506 can you draw the characters in the list ?? ill give you credit ?