New Creature Idea

EnjamEnjam Md Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202531Members
Hey Subnautica, i have this idea for a new creature. Now I'm not a pro at 3D modeling, but i think these images will give you an idea of
what i am thinking of. What this creature does is it clings to the abundant coral in Subnautica and can "eats" it. This creature can also eat acid mushrooms so that they can disappear. it would be reasonably small (about the same size as things like Peepers and air-sacks) but it could be a bottom feeder fish that could be cooked an eaten like all the other passive reef fish. of course this is just my idea and if you only like the model or think that this is not worth it, that is completely ok with me.

P.S. in case you want to know, i made these pictures in Blender

Comments

• JackalopeJackalope Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202057Members
    Cool idea. Sounds like they would be kind of a pest. Would act sort of like the starfish that are infesting parts of the Great Barrier Reef. Could be interesting if there were ways to set out things to act like scare crows to protect areas of the reef and deplorable tech that could restore their damage. Maybe even genetically engineer predators to eat them to reduce or completely eradicate the little suckers.
  • KorithKorith Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201768Members
    Honestly I'm against anything that destroys the limited resources in game.

I'm guessing that gene modification of wildlife is something of an end-game or at least higher tier technology. It would really suck to have all of the resources you need be eaten by these guys by the time you actually unlock the ability to combat them x.x

Likewise, with traps you have to consider: how much in the way of resources would they take? How long will the player have to spend gathering these resources and building/deploying the traps? Will the player be able to save enough resources in this way to cover the cost of the traps as well as make progress towards building bases and the other activities in game?

Also, what happens if these things get into an area the player hasn't visited yet? Nothing like going into a new region and finding all of the resources are gone and have been replaced by a legion of these things.

So yeah... props for the effort and thought you put into this, but I can't see it being a fun addition to the game x.x
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    hmmm SN Parrot Fish eh?
  • Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members
    Something similar to the Trilobite or the Horseshoe crab would fit
    56878-sibbick-trilobite.jpg
    horseshoe_crab_diagram72_color.jpg
  • SBShuffle001SBShuffle001 Illinois Join Date: 2015-03-26 Member: 202603Members
    I think there should be some kind of kraken type creature. It can be about as rare as when you see the reef backs. They like to go after your cyclops submarine once you've constructed it, but you can use the horn to scare it off. Maybe once you kill it (I don;t know how) You could use to create an organic type submarine that you can use to blend in with the ocean, or you wont be attacked by hostile creatures. Obviously The creature would look like a big squid and considering I couldn't really draw one or something, it could be about the size of the Cyclops sub.
    So yea, just an idea for later on in the game.
  • ChaosD.AceChaosD.Ace UK Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202553Members
    @SBShuffle001 If they do make a kraken I want it to be way bigger than the Cyclops, at least 5 times as big, like in the movies.
  • mack100Smmack100Sm USA Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202614Members
    Yea also a pilosaur boss just search it up to lazy for me to
  • neamerjellneamerjell Cincinnati, OH Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202560Members
    edited March 2015
    mack100Sm wrote: »
    Yea also a pilosaur boss just search it up to lazy for me to

I just Googled it. It looks a lot like the Stalker Shark already in the game. Perhaps the devs used the pilosaur as inspiration?

Thalassiodracon_BW.jpg

How about one of these bad boys? Rumor has it, at least one is still alive in Scotland... (Loch Ness Monster)

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Yes, Kraken or krakenesque please

As for the creature here, I think its cool but you could come up with a more interesting special behavior instead of just eating coral xP
    Bioluminescent eyes that glow blue for a fish would be cool so at night you sea blue days looking at you
    Also there should be a preditor x it's real search it up its a dinosaur that lives in the sea resembles a tylosaur also look up orthicone dinosaur
  • Evansmash4Evansmash4 mooooooseeeeee Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202635Members
    hmm in thinking like a megalodon type thing in the deep depths that are hard to find id say mabey like 250 feet below and mabey even like a bird that flys in the air that u can catch with bait