[CRASH] Game has crashed a couple times now, Experimental Graphics setting [15170]

CoastalaxeCoastalaxe Canada Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202453Members
Subnautica Version: 15170

Description: Purchased the game yesterday. I've started up the game twice to play it, once yesterday and once today. Both times playing for about 2-3 hours, both times ended with the game crashing to desktop. First time it simply game the "this program has stopped working" windows message. The second time the game detected the crash and popped up with a window telling me to send some files over to you the developers.

Reproduction steps: Not sure. Nothing really consistent between the two occasions of a crash. Except that I was playing on the highest (experimental) graphics settings.

Files: https://dropbox.com/s/xlwir9r2ixy3mgi/Subnautica%20Post-Crash%20Files.7z?dl=0

Let me know if you need any more information!

Loving the game so far!

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Howdy, I took a quick look at your files. You have an out of memory crash. It's pretty common right now and basically comes from having too much fun in one sitting. The UWE guys know about it and it ought to get better down the line.
  • CoastalaxeCoastalaxe Canada Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202453Members
    Thanks "Confused"!

Do you know if there's any temporary fix right now? I mean, since it's a "memory crash", could playing with reduced settings prolong a gaming session?
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Off the top of my head the easiest thing is usually to limit eye candy. So, minimal graphics. But, I believe the crash still happens even then.