Next Patch?

ReapMysterReapMyster Australia Join Date: 2014-01-11 Member: 192954Members, WC 2013 - Silver
Hey all, just wondering when we will see the next patch update?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Build 275 was delayed as we are currently changing basically most of our infrastructure ( new build machine, new ways of handling the code etc. )

Once that is done i guess it will take about 1-2 weeks to finalize the build and get it out to you.

Best follow our twitter account to get the latest updates about this matter ;)https://twitter.com/ns2cdt
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Build 275 was delayed as we are currently changing basically most of our infrastructure ( new build machine, new ways of handling the code etc. )

It would have made a bit more sense to push the massive performance improvement patch, and what's done so far. And then work on updating to VS2013, as it isn't exactly a necessary requirement. 2 months is a good amount of time to lose even more new players to performance issues...
  • krOozekrOoze Join Date: 2014-04-24 Member: 195593Members
    Turbine wrote: »
    It would have made a bit more sense to push the massive performance improvement patch, and what's done so far. And then work on updating to VS2013, as it isn't exactly a necessary requirement.
    Unless some of the performance is not gained by the compiler update.

• brightstarbrightstar pakistan Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202242Members
    Hmm, well done very nice work keep it up dude good joob
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    brightstar wrote: »

You're weird.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Pelargir wrote: »
    brightstar wrote: »

You're weird.

Get a joob @Pelargir!
    edited March 2015
    Mendasp wrote: »
    we wouldn't have been able to patch until our new build machine is done anyways, so better not to risk leaving the game broken for 2+ weeks...
    I see your point, is there a branch available to play the latest test builds? These would be quite popular among a certain group of players.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    we wouldn't have been able to patch until our new build machine is done anyways, so better not to risk leaving the game broken for 2+ weeks...
    I see your point, is there a branch available to play the latest test builds? These would be quite popular among a certain group of players.

I'm not sure the old branch has continued to be maintained for the public build. I remember it was at least attempted for two builds, as we ran the Gorge Hut on it once. Not many utilized it, so I was almost sure it was discontinued.

But in the current state, as Mendasp said, we're still waiting on the build machine.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

lol you really don't want that.
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    @Zavaro @GhoulofGSG9 @Mendasp

is it possible to modify voting to not be attached to a player?
    so that server code could arbitrarily call StartVote()

recently made a custom vote mod
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414563379

it was easy, and i am in the process of making another that only admins can start votes, which should be equally as easy, but is not.
    i ended up being forced to bypass the voting system altogether and send raw network messages because StartVote() is a local function.
    ask mendasp for more info
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Hello, as I told you when we were talking about this, if you hook the function you don't need to reinvent the wheel, it's simple. I took the liberty of implementing it as it takes no time. You can download it here.

And this post probably belongs in the modding forum instead of here.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    lol you really don't want that.

Why not? It'll be good to find bugs, rather than wait another month for the next release for critical bugs.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @turbine I'm late to the party, but if you want to find bugs, you can apply to be a playtester!

If we had a separate branch live all the time, we'd be getting tons of reports about stuff that we already know is broken. We have a behind the scenes bug tracker that we can't really make public because there's some sensitive stuff that can be abused. That beta branch was used mainly with LuaJIT. It was basically a big enough deal and could have caused enough problems that we needed to double and triple check that it wasn't going to completely break everything.