subnautica

arichardsarichards florida Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201779Members
is there anyway I can get a free trial of subnautica.

Comments

• FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    I don't think so, but let me assure you that it's worth buying. I was iffy at first, because I don't usually buy in development games, but it's a lot of fun, I'm not doing much in the way of actual surviving at the moment since there's not really enough in the game yet to keep me interested in doing a survival playthrough. So I cheated in all the materials and built a Cyclops and am just exploring the world. But once they add bases to the game I'll probably attempt to actually survive.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    If you need a free trial to see what the game is like, then I would suggest that maybe you are not ready to make the commitment to a game that is in such an early state as this is. Bugs etc are not uncommon, and sometimes things can break quite dramatically while changes are being made - mainly on the experimnetal branch, but this is what comes with a game that is truly EA.

I am not sure if they still class this as pre-alpha, or are now calling it alpha, either way it is a long way from ready to be giving out free trials of it, as people will get the wrong idea and think it is nearly finished.
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    I think the most important point for a trial is to know if it runs at all. Already have that problem with some games (like requirement list missing min display resolution)
  • dragonik22JKdragonik22JK poland Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212703Members
    wait for full release free trial is not for get
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    You could always watch some of the Subnautica videos that players have posted on YouTube, and there are some vary good ones there. You'll get a vary good idea of the types of things to expect, and then you could decide for yourself whether you want to purchase it or not. :smile:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    arichards wrote: »
    is there anyway I can get a free trial of subnautica.
    Myrm wrote: »
    You could always watch some of the Subnautica videos that players have posted on YouTube, and there are some vary good ones there. You'll get a vary good idea of the types of things to expect, and then you could decide for yourself whether you want to purchase it or not. :smile:

Indeed, YouTube is kinda a free trial with the Let's Plays and First Impression stuff on there :)