Experimental Bug: Small Storage Cubes Vanish

ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
Submitted ingame, but thought i'd share the woes here. Deploy a small crate (or multiple) and swim off a good distance and come back. The crate has a good chance to simply vanish. Placing another crate in the same spot will cause it to instantly vanish.

I kept thinking they fell through the world or stalkers/fish made off with them (despite careful consideration), but this has become remarkably consistent enough that I think it has something to do with the world segment unloading/reloading improperly, reinforced by the odd behavior when a new crate is put in the same place; the game loosely acknowledges something is supposed to be there

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I had this same problem, submitted a big bug report from the latest experimental build but apparently it has to get "approved" by a forum admin (I have no idea why, didn't do anything in the post other than I normally did). Go figure :P

But yet, I've seen the same issue.
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited March 2015
    It was weird at first, since the first time it happened I wondered if they were considered 'shiny' and got trolled by a stalker. Now it's just happening and driving me nuts. Guess I gotta wait 'till X is playable again. No lockers, no crates.. no bueno.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah it happened to me during our playtest session when I placed the box on the entrance hatch for the liferaft. I thought it bugged out because I Had entered from below it but couldn't reproduce the issue. It seems random, and you may be right in that it happens when it unloads and loads back in the objects after the player goes out of their "spawn" range.
    I can't seem to do it consistently though.. maybe doesn't work with empty containers?
    Mine have always had stuff in them when they disappeared.
    edited March 2015
    Interestingly enough, my empty ones stuck around. I think that narrows down the context nicely.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    This has been around for a long time, I have a very old video of when I actually caught a storage cube 'vanishing'. Turns out they just sink into the floor...

I had one sink out of the life pod while I was in it. I got out and watched the crate sink ;and on the sea bed then sink into the floor, I laughed really hard until I remembered what was in it :P
    I'm familiar with things falling out of the lifepod, but never falling through the sea bed before. Interesting. Still a nuisance since it's more prevalent than before, but interesting.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    I can confirm this bug, nothing in it, it doesn't vanish. Put something in it, go a good distance away and come back it's no longer there, thing disappeared completely.