Seamoth in experimental "very important feedback"

LoppysaurusrexLoppysaurusrex USA Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201747Members
I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say the seamoth's "no tilt up and down" controls scheme is awful, and makes it very hard to tell where you're going.

My suggestion on how to permanently fix this problem.

1) Allow the seamoth to tilt up and down
2) Make q and e rotate the seamoth side to side
3) Add a key that will level the seamoth after rotating in any direction that the play can use to orient themselves back to normal.
4) Add a rotation tool that shows which way is up while inside the seamoth.

Thx everyone :)

Comments

• LoppysaurusrexLoppysaurusrex USA Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201747Members
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Agreed. At minimum being able to rotate with Q and E would be useful.
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Agreed. At minimum being able to rotate with Q and E would be useful.
    Thank you lol, we need to get thread to the devs, this is super important
  • KorithKorith Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201768Members
    Is this a bug? I found the following card on their trello board:

https://trello.com/c/er8D46qX/305-seamoth-unable-to-pitch-after-load

Same thing?
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    Sounds about right. I hit that 'after load' bug a few days ago that required me to spawn in a new seamoth. It worked fine.
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    What if the seat the player is in inside the seamoth could rotate 45 degrees in each direction?
    Samoth controls are fine when they're working properly, Hard to tell which way is 'up', but that's where dive reels come in really handy (yes, you can feed out line while driving a moth). There's some loading errors with the line over long distances, but it's generally navigable.
    Zourin wrote: »
    Samoth controls are fine when they're working properly, Hard to tell which way is 'up', but that's where dive reels come in really handy (yes, you can feed out line while driving a moth). There's some loading errors with the line over long distances, but it's generally navigable.

Oh we could just add these very simple and common controls, along with a navigational tool.

I would be extremely surprised to find a submarine that does not have a compass or directional indicator.
    we have the normal compass, which isn't hard to get ahold of. I usually get one before a Seamoth anyway. The sub naturally levels its roll, although its pitch sticks. Easiest way to determine 'up' is actually to get out and look at the sub. Oddly enough, you know how gravity works better outside than in.
    Zourin wrote: »
    we have the normal compass, which isn't hard to get ahold of. I usually get one before a Seamoth anyway. The sub naturally levels its roll, although its pitch sticks. Easiest way to determine 'up' is actually to get out and look at the sub. Oddly enough, you know how gravity works better outside than in.

You shouldn't have to do that in a super high tech submarine, it would not be hard to implement a roll control ok?

It's just q to rotate left, e to rotate right.

And an orientation device, you guys act like I'm asking for a lot, everyone on these forums should be agreeing.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    It's not that you're asking a lot I don't think, it's more that right now, some of us and the Devs want more core mechanics out-- though I'm sure most would support your idea if this was later down the road with more of those mechanics already implemented

I guess some just don't want the Devs to work on "balancing" when they could be adding raw content
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Keep in mind that at this stage in early access, functional trumps "super important" where only minor tweaks may be needed for correction. Coming on here and presenting an issue for consideration is one thing...telling the devs how highly they need to prioritize it and demanding everyone agree with you isn't going to win anyone to your side, whether it is a valid point or not.