New Player, really excited to start playing this game

BLACKHORSEBLACKHORSE Alabama, USA Join Date: 2015-03-04 Member: 201683Members
It doesn't seem like player introductions are too common here but I'd like to do one anyways.

Anyways I'm BLACKHORSE and the reason I'm pretty excited to start playing this game is that I've always been intrigued by these Asymmetrical type games. I was always average at FPS/TPS games until I came across the Dead Space 2 asymmetrical multiplayer, and after having a lot of success there, which I'll skip over because I don't want to come off as a brag, eventually Aliens: Colonial Marines came out and I had probably more success on there. But those games eventually died out despite the time I put in to prolong the life of the competitive community. So anyways here I am, after about a year of interdisciplinary Game Design studies (currently designing my own asymmetrical online shooter as a Senior project) and rarely touching my xbox, about to try my first PC shooter. I don't expect too much of that skill to carry over (especially since I'm a console peasant) except for my competitiveness. I will look forward to meeting you all, especially knowing that a lot of you have been playing for a very long time.

BLACKHORSE

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have now found the best of them all. Ns2 is an amazing game. Welcome.
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    hey welcome aboard , me too ^^

Btw game for gamer that want to "play and learn"

Not for call of duty kids just want to shoot + killstreak :) >> So you need to learn the gameplay with bots first ^^
  • BLACKHORSEBLACKHORSE Alabama, USA Join Date: 2015-03-04 Member: 201683Members
    Perman12 wrote: »

Not for call of duty kids just want to shoot + killstreak :) >> So you need to learn the gameplay with bots first ^^

I already plan on getting a lot of experience through YT videos before I try to be a burden to anyone ingame. I know how frustrating noobs are, so I plan to be one only for the smallest amount of time possible. The way this game treats newcomers is much better than DS2 and ACM for both the newcomer and the experienced players that have to deal with them, but still not ideal IMO.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BLACKHORSE wrote: »
    Perman12 wrote: »

I already plan on getting a lot of experience through YT videos before I try to be a burden to anyone ingame. I know how frustrating noobs are, so I plan to be one only for the smallest amount of time possible. The way this game treats newcomers is much better than DS2 and ACM for both the newcomer and the experienced players that have to deal with them, but still not ideal IMO.
    Hop on tactical gamer servers (tgns) sometime. Their community is rookie friendly, and they have god games in the evening.
    Nordic wrote: »
    Hop on tactical gamer servers (tgns) sometime. Their community is rookie friendly, and they have god games in the evening.

Will do. Thanks for tip

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    once you go black, you never go back.

black should be read as ns2.

best game ever, hope you enjoy it and welcome.
    2cough wrote: »
    once you go black, you never go back.

black should be read as ns2.

best game ever, hope you enjoy it and welcome.

I think that is the exact reason alpha backers got black armor ;)
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Blackhorse, Ironhorse, Unicorn. Welcome to an awesome community xD
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    Welcome to the community, hope you'll enjoy your stay, please take this free complimentary Hughnicorn
    A5lzF8NCMAAw5yD.jpg
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Welcome to the community, hope you'll enjoy your stay, please take this free complimentary Hughnicorn
    A5lzF8NCMAAw5yD.jpg

uhh.. thanks I guess?

*gets out sheet of paper*

Mom,
    if you never see me again, it's because these crazy people killed me.

Black
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welcome to the game @BLACKHORSE if you are still floundering because the YT vids don't explain anything to you in detail, check out my guides (in my signature). Have fun. Hope to see you online.