Kalopsia Lerk play videos

KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
A couple of people in the Aussie community have asked for videos from my POV while I Lerk, thought I would also share them here.

Kalopsia Lerk Play - ns2_tram 28th Feb 2015 (1080p @ 60fps.)

Kalopsia Lerk Play - ns2_veil 1st March 2015

Kalopsia Lerk Play - Eye of the Lerk (Death Montage)

I'm currently rendering another video which I will upload tomorrow.

Unfortunately I had to overlay the video with music because Shadowplay won't capture audio from my digital output. Less trance in future videos ;)

Depending on the feedback, I may put together a video which covers advance Lerk play strats and tips.

Any questions just shout out.

Kalopsia

Comments

• d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    lol @ Critique f4ing in Landing Pad
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wonderful video, especially after the dubstep part.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2015
    absolutely love the floorgliding behind the cafeteria counter for cover at 4:25

And you know your pancakes as well :> EVERYTHING is cover!
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Here's another, the music is a bit more chilled out in this one. The next video will be a Lerk death montage showing the various ways to die :P

Kalopsia Lerk Play - ns2_veil 1st March 2015
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hehe @ critique. I love doing that when death is certain, though it's hard to remember sometimes. But definitely disappearing before that last fade swipe lerk bite is satisfying.

Yesterday, was about to lose my Onos on an over-commit in to a crevice PG... so I jumped off. SUCK IT MARINES.

Anyways, nice vid, but did that dubby song at the beginning have samples of someone shitting their pants? Cuz it sounded like it.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    2cough wrote: »
    Anyways, nice vid, but did that dubby song at the beginning have samples of someone shitting their pants? Cuz it sounded like it.

OH GOD NO! CAN'T UNHEAR!!!
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @2cough @BeigeAlert @_INTER_ haha ok no more trance like that....only the slow melodic kinda stuff :P

@d0ped0g LOL yeah Crit made me laugh.

@Kouji_San thanks mate :)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Kalopsia inspired me to try my hand at flash lerking :-) awesome Vid. remind me to NOT play on the Aussie servers on marines when u r on the server :-)
    @Kalopsia inspired me to try my hand at flash lerking :-) awesome Vid. remind me to NOT play on the Aussie servers on marines when u r on the server :-)

Yeah do it @Cannon_FodderAUS , it's a great way to cover heaps of the map for your team. hahah na don't do that, I will just alias :P
    As requested by a few Aussies, various ways to die as Lerk.

Kalopsia Lerk Play - Eye of the Lerk (Death Montage)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hehe, love the death vid man (and the song LOL). It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who accidentally hits console in engagements sometimes.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Kalopsia good to know you aren't invincible. On the other hand, you just pricked my lerk can't be killed bubble. We don't see enough vids on the forums.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Kalopsia good to know you aren't invincible. On the other hand, you just pricked my lerk can't be killed bubble. We don't see enough vids on the forums.

They were becoming endangered, so the TSF confiscated my axe :(
    @Kouji_San I would love to see an axe lerk kill. That would be epic!!

We all must die sooner or later :P but Lerks are still pretty epic!
    @Kouji_San I would love to see an axe Lerk kill. That would be epic!!

Now that's rare, I think it's happened to me once....maybe.

If anyone has any other type of video requests, just shout out and I will see what I can do.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    axe killing lerks is next to impossible unless they stick to you, otherwise the lerk is just going to glide off you once bitten you and you are dead due to have no range on the axe, axe is useless.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    AHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA....NAHHHHHHHHHHH

OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS - you trucked up, no need to be embarrassed, it happens to all of us.

Spent 14 days in happy limbo - found - the same old restarts playing the same old game. CDT, build 250, French student guy, can't help you Charlie. We just ain't buying a sub game, we just ain't buying TF2 done freestyle, make a trucking game that has new stuff, PLEASE ?

Battlezone ... done properly ... if you think art has any effect on a game, look at quake 2. Engine fail. Make something out of Spark 2, that's what we paid for, yes?

A GAME, one we can PLAY. I have a lot of examples. Maybe talk to the bitmap brothers?
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    I once axed a lerk by accident. I was trying to kill a skulk and it flew past me into my axe and died. I didn't even know it was coming my direction.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    nizb0ag wrote: »
    axe killing lerks is next to impossible unless they stick to you, otherwise the lerk is just going to glide off you once bitten you and you are dead due to have no range on the axe, axe is useless.

Exactly why we want to see it. It is a daring feet. I have killed an onos with an axe. That is near impossible too. Too bad I wasn't recording.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2015
    Great choice of music, in the second video at 5:12 the bites are on the beat ;)
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    I once axed a lerk by accident. I was trying to kill a skulk and it flew past me into my axe and died. I didn't even know it was coming my direction.

This happenned to me too once :D If a lerk ever has any idea the axe is coming, he will not stay. You gotta be so sneaky even YOU dont know you're trying
    Also once somethingrandom got his lerk welded. Much laughter was had that day :)
    @Kouji_San I would love to see an axe lerk kill. That would be epic!!

I saw it happen once she flew into a shotgun barrage and one guy axed dat bat...

d0ped0g wrote: »

This stuff happened to me in another game Forgotten Hope, "sluggin it out with" a Tiger and a random kubelwagen drove past in front of me tank, tanking the shell that was meant for the Tiger. Needless to say, Sherman Firefly only get's one, maybe two chances to down a tiger. I went boom, blasted Kubel bastard :D

You'd wish you'd be recording all the bloody time, stuff like that is gold, but we all like our performance :P
    Kalopsia Lerk Play - ns2_hydra 20th March 2015

@DEATHSHROUD you may find this useful.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    nice video :), great lerking skills as well