Main OS corrupted, ns2 on secondary drive

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
Hi after samsung released a wonderful firmware update last night it caused my computer to bsod and I eventually discovered from trial and error it somehow made windows corrupt. I did a few things after the firmware update like run windows index experience and just ran performance tests on magician but I guess it changed a registry value or something somewhere which corrupted all of windows.

Anyway, after reinstalling and getting back steam. NS2 was installed on a secondary drive. I recovered the %appdata%roaming\natural selection 2 folder and placed it in the same place on the freshly installed OS. Now my question is should I just reinstall NS2, or should it work fine from the secondary drive? I know a lot of programs write to temp folders or registry and don't want extra unexpected problems

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't expect an issue... Besides if the files aren't up to par, NS2 will probably just recompile them. I for one have, since my win7 install, never cleared the NS2 appdata folder even after all the build releases, never had issues.

you can probably empty all the various cache folders though, if there is an issue. But the settings files can be handy to keep around ;)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I just kept the ns2 appdata folder and uninstalled it to be on the safe side, I uninstalled almost every program on the secondary drive.. remind me to never update a SSD firmware again