Bugs and other things I've noticed

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
Which isn't such a great thing. Currently playing around with the experimental and noticed a severe lack of salt deposits. I mean seriously we're in a friggin ocean salt deposits should be a lot more common than I've seen them. This is rather bad in the survival option game seeing as you need salt for 2 key things, food and the more improved water that you craft with bleach. Other things I noticed, CrashMeal, where the heck do you get this? in the recent experimental I managed to get some pieces of jeweled disk pieces but only the one time. I went around trying to harvest/break more but none of the said Jeweled Disks wanted to break.

Changing title and what not and listing bugs/inconsistencies in the game and balance things.

Current list of things I've noticed

Jeweled Disk pieces - can break a few of them but after a certain point they won't break anymore. Pieces that you have in inventory somehow magically disappear when inventory is updated/saved. Saving and loading a game fixes the breaking/harvesting mechanic, but if you had jeweled pieces in your inventory they are gone when you load the save.

SeaGlide - Works fine for a while then the animation of the fan in it stops working, it still propels you through the water pretty fast, again saving and loading the game fixes this until the animation stops working again... also the sound stops working. energy bar was added that shows you need to carry batteries with you now.

Crash Fish - that god awful sound they make is so annoying I wanna tear my ears off, worst part about it, the sound they make persists after they explode or you kill them. The sound even caused my PC to crash cause there were so many of them in one area. My Computer froze up completely, couldn't alt tab, or ctrl alt delete to bring up taskmanager to kill the game, I had to turn my PC off by holding the power button down and reboot it. fixed and altered sounds.

Builder - not fully in game yet which I think is causing that assembler to freeze when it tries to construct the item. No big really except you can't use the assembler anymore, you have to save and reload to fix. You can still build stuff without it by pressing the B key on your keyboard. Builder was removed I assume for further dev testing/preparation to be fully implemented in game.

Assembler - building one causes the assembler on the escape pod to stop working, assembler you built also won't work until you save and load the game again.

Stalker tooth - apparently doesn't exist anymore. I've looked for hours upon hours and haven't found diddly squat, I've a very observant eye when I'm scanning around my environment, a very key thing in getting the Cyclops Sub. Wouldn't be so bad if, IF you could kill stalkers and harvest the teeth from them at a percent chance of getting them of course, can't make them too easy to get. These were made more visible and are easy to get when you see stalkers pick up scrap metal pieces or let them take them from your hand.

Lithium - also pretty much doesn't exist unless I'm not looking in the right area, I can at least spawn this into the game via console, another key item needed for the Cyclops Sub. Can be found in Mushroom Forest biomes and other places in similar depth.

Salt Deposits - EXTREMELY RARE now with the change to the loot system, needed for both water and food, I do not fancy getting dozens and dozens of vines and poison shrooms to subsist on. As well as catching those air bladder fish to make water that only give me 10 hydration per fish in survival. Salt deposits are so rare as compared to the ratio against quartz. My inventory gets flooded with quartz I'm up to my eyeballs in them which is great for base building. Salt deposits were altered again, they're much more common now.

Fragments - haven't experimented with this in depth yet but from what I've seen I have some and some of them are multiples of the same one. Some of them serve no purpose yet from what I've seen over on the steam discussion I don't get why the developers are putting items in game yet that can be spawned and found as loot when they have no purpose in game yet. I'm all for testing and feedback, I mean that's why we all bought the Early Access to the game, besides having fun in the game on the side; but when they add an item in that we can't create yet or use it's a moot point cause we can't TEST it and give feedback.

2/26/15

Recent updates have rendered some of the things I noticed fixed.

New things I've seen in the 14xxx builds

Fragment Analyzer - Is no longer accessible preventing fragments you find from being analyzed to make blueprints.

Small 3x3 container you craft takes up 4x4 spaces (wut? why is it called a 3x3 container if it takes up 4x4 in inventory?) Also when trying to drop in the Cyclops the game freezes, you can still move around with aswd keys but you can't turn with the mouse. Crate freezes in midair, can't press esc to get out of it, or press f8 to report or otherwise do anything else in game. Only way to get out of it is to ctrl alt delete and force quit the task from task manager.

I'll add more to this when I've tested some more.

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited February 2015
    They just did a major loot overhaul so I imagine that's why the salt is less abundant. Crash meal should be the leftover pod husk from those explody guys in caves.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    orly? didn't know you could attack those things.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    They used to die but would still blow up... Wonder what happens now
    attacking them with the knife kills the exploding fish without making them explode. Other things I've noticed... can't craft a builder in the fabricator, thing bugs out. Can't find lithium although I was able to spawn it in via console, can not get stalker teeth which is a major requirement for the cyclops now since you need them to build enameled glass. Builder item can't be spawned in console either I should add.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Stalker teeth exist , as far as I know... You just have to hang around where there are a lot of stalkers lol

Not sure how the teeth are instantiated but there you go
    edited February 2015
    I remember seeing one in the basic non-experimental build but so far I haven't seen any yet, and yes I'm playing the experimental builds.
    haven't seen a stalker tooth at all in the experimental builds. I would be great if they were drops or harvestable from stalkers... but otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get them. Can't even use the console to spawn them in.
  • DEEpDEEp wisconsin Join Date: 2015-02-23 Member: 201510Members
    haven't seen a stalker tooth at all in the experimental builds. I would be great if they were drops or harvestable from stalkers... but otherwise it's pretty much impossible to get them. Can't even use the console to spawn them in.
    they have a new skin looks like a fang made Cyclops last night in exp. had to spawn lithium.

• DEEpDEEp wisconsin Join Date: 2015-02-23 Member: 201510Members
    I was eating lots of veggies last night as well to reference Op
    edited February 2015
    since the salt deposits are very well and truly rare... more rare than quartz I switched over to free mode. The change to the loot table in regard to rarity of certain items skewers game play balance for survival and by that I mean you need salt for two reasons, 1 to prepare fish and 2 to make the better water item. I am well familiar with the shrooms and the kelp you can eat but in comparison to the fish you need several dozen of them to compensate.

Edited the OP with changes and changed the title of the thread ;)
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    A tip for food/h2o. Once you craft a seaglide and 4 oxygen tanks, take a trip down (not very far) in an area of red fur-like grass (plains I think this biome is?) You will find a metric shit ton of Spadefish. These can be eaten raw for +food and +h20! No need to cook them, just grab tons of the little fellas and away you go :)
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    picked up a stalker tooth today it was sand color and quite small so it blended in with its surroundings found it in the safe shallows towards the seaweed side of things
    Edited OP with changes reflecting fixes I've seen in game and also new bugs which I will list here but are also on the OP

New things I've seen in the 14xxx builds

Fragment Analyzer - Is no longer accessible preventing fragments you find from being analyzed to make blueprints.

Small 3x3 container you craft takes up 4x4 spaces (wut? why is it called a 3x3 container if it takes up 4x4 in inventory?) Also when trying to drop in the Cyclops the game freezes, you can still move around with aswd keys but you can't turn with the mouse. Crate freezes in midair, can't press esc to get out of it, or press f8 to report or otherwise do anything else in game. Only way to get out of it is to ctrl alt delete and force quit the task from task manager.
    More bugs...

Hoopfish can't be cooked up in Fabricator

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400607247

Fabricator keeps resetting fish recipes when you load a save game.

Trying to open the report feedback menu bugs it out when having the fabricator open, see screenshot. Mouse bugs out as well and you can't exit out of the menu, have to ctrl alt delete to shut the game task down via task manager.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400607324

Yes I've switched back over to survival to test some things and noticed these and I would have reported the fish thing via the feedback but as you can see in the screenshot it's bugged lol
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited March 2015
    My most recent save is full of all sorts of fun stuff. (Experimental 14197)

- Base power generators will not save with the game.
    - If any fabricator lacks power, all fabricators stop functioning (meaning, if you built a base with power, all fabricators are borked, even the lifepod)
    - Framerate seizing when observing the base
    - 3D vision when looking at the base from the Cyclops' bridge with a full interior view.
    - 3D vision that shows air pipes through terrain beyond vision range from the cyclops' bridge.
    - Unlimited range vision on partially built structures.

My most recent interaction with the cyclops left me stuck whenever I accessed the onboard locker, and later attempting to pilot it resulted in going into Spacial Warp and eventually heapstack crashing.

I've included the full crash log here. I can provide the save file (with 4 hours of logged time) if anyone wants it. The one thing i can't confirm is if the world was generated in 14193 or not, It was created around the time of the update, but I can't be certain if it was before or after my last 'from scratch'.