Very low Frame Rate with PC, need help

2»

Comments

• AllanCaesarAllanCaesar San Antonio Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201495Members
    I do have intergrated graphics. But I am quite sure it's not going to be as good as my graphics card. But I am going to for shits and giggles see how slower it is >.> and what excatly my intergrated thing is.

I know for you guys my PC is slow.. but down here on the south side of San Antonio? I have one of the most fastest PC's on the block by a landslide. People wish they had a PC like mine. XD So it cracks me up when people bash on my PC specs... I have more important things to worry about.. such as my bills.. and fixing my car up you know? That's why I switched back to console gaming honestly.. I was tired of having to deal with the PC Specs stuff... and how everyone always would yell at each other your PC is trash and so and etc etc.

Im not trying to have the state of the art pc, I just want it to look nice.. it doesnt have to be perfect. And although it doesn't run NS2 nice like I wish it could.. its still playable and fun to play... and someday Ill upgrade it. But not today. :P Maybe when I get my Pell grant for the Fall Semester I will.

Anyways im going to see what the hell my intergrated graphics card is.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I don't mean to come off as insulting. It's just in gaming computer there are two things about graphics performance:

1) there's a treshhold of graphics cards where their performance is low you just shouldn't bother.
    2) graphics card manufacturers still sell these bloody things because if they don't, someone else will. It wastes everyone's time.

Nvidia's system is good: anything that's not a gtx is not worth getting (ignoring the quadro part here).
    AMD's system is more complicated and I haven't been following the cutoff point for that.

My point is if you get the lowest end card at the cutoff point (currently an nvidia gtx 750 or amd equivalent): you'll have a GREAT time playing games. If you buy under that threshhold, you'll run into really annoying situations, such as what you ran into with ns2 that caused you to make this thread.

I am still incredibly annoyed that computer sellers (of laptops and desktops) still offer such useless graphics cards at all when putting in a competent graphics chip would increase the price by maybe $50, but they seem content to save that $50 and continue to cripple the reputation of desktops as being overpriced and underpowered compared to consoles.

Note: I'm reasonably aware that you custom built this computer.

I am basing this opinion off my own experiences of buying a 4350 graphics card because it was all I could afford at the time, I should have waited another month and got a 4770 at the time because the 4350 was simply that bad, it put me through months of horrendous game playing compared to what the 5770 i eventually upgraded to provided.

I don't blame you for going with consoles, they really are simpler: if you buy this console you're guaranteed to be able to run these games at a reasonable level of enjoyment. If you buy a computer and you aren't up to date with what's good for performance: you'll probably end up buying something that's simply not good enough. The current state of desktop and laptop computer hardware information quite frankly annoys the crap out of me.
  • AllanCaesarAllanCaesar San Antonio Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201495Members
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't mean to come off as insulting. It's just in gaming computer there are two things about graphics performance:

1) there's a treshhold of graphics cards where their performance is low you just shouldn't bother.
    2) graphics card manufacturers still sell these bloody things because if they don't, someone else will. It wastes everyone's time.

Nvidia's system is good: anything that's not a gtx is not worth getting (ignoring the quadro part here).
    AMD's system is more complicated and I haven't been following the cutoff point for that.

My point is if you get the lowest end card at the cutoff point (currently an nvidia gtx 750 or amd equivalent): you'll have a GREAT time playing games. If you buy under that threshhold, you'll run into really annoying situations, such as what you ran into with ns2 that caused you to make this thread.

I am still incredibly annoyed that computer sellers (of laptops and desktops) still offer such useless graphics cards at all when putting in a competent graphics chip would increase the price by maybe $50, but they seem content to save that $50 and continue to cripple the reputation of desktops as being overpriced and underpowered compared to consoles.

Note: I'm reasonably aware that you custom built this computer.

I am basing this opinion off my own experiences of buying a 4350 graphics card because it was all I could afford at the time, I should have waited another month and got a 4770 at the time because the 4350 was simply that bad, it put me through months of horrendous game playing compared to what the 5770 i eventually upgraded to provided.

I don't blame you for going with consoles, they really are simpler: if you buy this console you're guaranteed to be able to run these games at a reasonable level of enjoyment. If you buy a computer and you aren't up to date with what's good for performance: you'll probably end up buying something that's simply not good enough. The current state of desktop and laptop computer hardware information quite frankly annoys the crap out of me.

I think its been annoying all of us for many years... it was annoying in 2002... it's still annoying today. (2002 was when I got into PC gaming)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I know for you guys my PC is slow.. but down here on the south side of San Antonio? I have one of the most fastest PC's on the block by a landslide.

I know that feel. I live in a small town (only about 70-80 miles away from you!!) and I've probably got the fastest computer around.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    My 2 cents - GEforce gtx 580 is very strong for its price range (pretty sure ive seen 2nd hands going on ebay for £60). Worth looking into. AMD processors also give you pretty good bang for your buck. I'm running the aforementioned 580 and an AMD 6700 cpu and only occaisionally get drops below 60fps.
    To have REAL fun in this game, 30fps is simply awful. I thought I sucked total ass at this game until I upgraded my card and realised how much difference with being able to hit things a decent fps makes.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    @meatmachine, if OP needs a new PSU to run the GTX 580 then it's suddenly not so cheap.

@AllanCaesar, depending on your budget and PSU I still recommend the GTX 750Ti. I'm currently using one since my primary GPU is broken/wonky. I play at lowest settings and a low resolution to get extremely competitive FPS, but if you mostly want things to look good then it should still be able to average 60 FPS running 1080p at high settings.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are more powerful low end gpu's like the 650ti boost and cheaper good enough gpu's like the 580. All of which require power connectors. Not knowing what power supply he has, or the airflow if his case a cool running low power 750ti will do everything he needs.