Verification error when I try to get into any server (Windows 7).

ServalineServaline Australia Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201320Members
I only recently started trying to play NS2 again, last time I played was a good few months ago. Anyway, every time I attempt to get into any server it seems I get the error asking me to verify my cache due to my files not matching the server's. I have a feeling this is an update-related problem but I could be wrong.

Obviously I have tried this to no avail. I even tried to reinstall the game to no avail.

I've attached the log. This is right after the game crashed (it's still open).

log.txt 12.2K

Comments

• AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited February 2015
    You should start by disabling your mods, i see a list of mods being mounted in your log.

and delete your workshop folder while your at it. Its in %appdata%/Natural Selection 2
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2015
    Error: File 'lua/NS2Plus/Shared/CHUD_CommanderSelection.lua' failed consistency check!

Did you notice the popup at the main menu when you first ran NS2 after the latest patch, telling you that your mods have been disabled, and to re-enable at your own risk?
    Well, this is why it's "at your own risk" :P
  • ServalineServaline Australia Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201320Members
    I don't HAVE any mods as far as I can tell.. I never added any :S And no I don't get such a popup, weird... I'm not sure how to turn mods on or off either since I never turned em on in the first place.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You probably joined various servers beforehand which downloaded their mods for you :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    From the main menu click on the Mods menu button.
    Then ensure all are "deactivated" , then click "restart" to return to the main menu.

Now test if you have the same issue.
    If so, please run techsupport.exe located in your NS2 folder (when you are NOT running NS2 in the background), and upload the zip file i makes here.