marine problems

LeeuwLeeuw Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187898Members
edited January 2015 in Technical Support
I could not find any post about these marine problems, so I list them here.
Maybe more people have the same experiences?
Note it only happened a few times.. so not a real big issue.
Also I am gaming on Linux.. so maybe only Linux related.

1. Instant death after spawn for no reason
2. Spawned without carrying a gun.. but holding/showing one anyway: can't shoot, no ammo, can't press "G" to drop, only after buying from Armory it is replaced with a real gun.
3. Sometimes marine gun gets jammed.. I first thought it was a "feature". But it looks more like the mouse press event is not handled. Pressing again fires the weapon normally. Switching weapon and back fixes it.
But thenmost of the time I will be dead as the alien I am shooting will kill me.. ;)

Update: Switching weapon and back fixed 3.. I remembered incorrectly.. sorry.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    1. Never seen that happen myself, any repro steps?
    2. That seems similar to your third point, does switching weapons help in that case as well?
    3. That one has been around for quite some time for rifle and pistol and happens at random, it's not a feature :P Also no good repro steps for it so we're still at a loss on that :(

Also any errors in your console when these things happen? (key ~ to pull it up) And if there are you could post the log file up here for us to look at. It is located in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2 called log.txt
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    To confirm: This has been since the HOTFIX that was just released 2 days ago, yes?
    Not before that?
  • LeeuwLeeuw Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187898Members
    edited January 2015
    No.. this happened to me before patch 273/274.
    I do not know how to reproduce and it happens very rarely.. like 1 in a 1000 times.
    So I have to play a long time to see if it still occures after patch 274.

Seems it happens rarely I consider this a minor issue.
    However I posted here because I was curious if others experienced this also.

BTW: I did had other problems after 274, but I think caused in 273 so I posted it there:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2230903/#Comment_2230903
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    I was thinking about posting a bug report about rifle jamming (that is cured by switching weapons).
    But it is too old.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Gun jamming is the oldest bug we have.
    If you find a way to reproduce it I'll shower you in badges, gifts, fame, and whatever game you want on steam. ;)

The other two have never been reported except once in the steam community forums by another Linux user (was that u?)
  • LeeuwLeeuw Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187898Members
    Ok.. I will keep an eye out when it happens again.

I did not report the first two on steam.. so it was not me.