The F4 badge

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
To many people f4 to fast and there is no pennilty what so ever.
In fact, it's really hard lately to get a good game going.
For me ns2 is over.

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    Why is that bad? Really depends when and why they do F4.
  • HellwireDHellwireD Join Date: 2015-01-18 Member: 200904Members
    For pussying out of a game, all damage you deal is halved for one hour!

Yea that'd be the easy, restrictive way to deal with it. It would last about 3 days, then kill off the playerbase.

Rather than that, look for an informative / suggestive approach.
    "Have you spotted the enemies weakness yet? No? Go look for it!"

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Think 3 / 4 of the entire community would have this badge, in one way or another lmao
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2015
    F4ing and Vote-concede are difficult systems to satisfactorily reconcile.

For a start though, I'd LOVE auto-team balance spawn restriction to have some more thought put behind it; when only a few players F4, it simply impairs the winning team and drags out what has often been a frustrating match even longer
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Personally, I rarely concede.

I do seriously dislike this particular situation: Some people vote to concede, and when their team doesn't pass the vote, they f4 and ruin the game for everyone and simply do not respect the fact that their team didn't want to concede.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let me put it this way. I would like that ns2 keeps track of how often you leave a game during the game.
    This way servers owners could prevent certain players from joining.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    clankill3r wrote: »
    Let me put it this way. I would like that ns2 keeps track of how often you leave a game during the game.
    This way servers owners could prevent certain players from joining.

This would make more sense. But still remains the possibility for players to F4 because the game has not point. The most obvious is once a round starts and you quickly notice that teams are unbalanced, which is gonna make the game "not fun", "boring" for both sides. So, here's an answer: F4.

I'm not an avid follower of the F4 thing but I use it though. In the case quoted below because that's only huge stomps and the concede option is, in general, not available after a few minutes.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    If people f4 you can vote to randomize the ready room, if it passes in my experience they will sometime stay in after they realize nobody likes what they're doing, but people will sometimes go back to the ready room. The better solution than giving someone a permanent badge would be to add a "lock ready room" vote.

Also when you vote even teams you cannot f4

Also I feel people will concede too early a lot. This is very bad as it removes the time when your team makes a comeback which are really fun games.

I just played a game where our main base was rushed and one of our marines was able to set up a cc and ips in departures, where we respawned killed most of their fades as they tried to finish us off. Our team was able to capture generator and just were starting to set up locker rooms at which point they conceded despite having 2 hives and were still in the game, unless all of them used their respective on lower life forms they probably would've has know pretty soon which they could take over more with.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think you need to not ask for draconian measures, and instead find a server that plays like you like to. A community of sorts. I have just a couple servers I play on, because I consistently get good games. Good games as in people don't f4 often, people communicate, and the skill level is relatively high usually.

I do understand your pain, but the limit those who f4 but find a new server.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    On Tactical Freedom the concede majority is half or less and the timer to concede is unrestricted I think. This leads to playing quick games. I don't mind getting stomped if jerks would just lost and play an entire second game instead of dragging on one stomp round. Even even teams can still stomp just because they play a specific round better lol.

I've have more fun on this server than I ever have in another pub in NS2.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    A community of sorts. I have just a couple servers I play on, because I consistently get good games. Good games as in people don't f4 often, people communicate, and the skill level is relatively high usually.

Yes, such servers are good: "random teams" is voted, then people look at tab-menu and weaker team concedes. :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    mattji104 wrote: »
    On Tactical Freedom the concede majority is half or less and the timer to concede is unrestricted I think. This leads to playing quick games. I don't mind getting stomped if jerks would just lost and play an entire second game instead of dragging on one stomp round. Even even teams can still stomp just because they play a specific round better lol.

I've have more fun on this server than I ever have in another pub in NS2.

I enjoy tactical freedom also, but it doesn't matter which server. Some may not like tactical freedom and prefer diamond gamers. Others might like wooza's. The specific server doesn't matter. It is the decision process. Don't just choose one that has people, or has the lowest ping, but find a server that has the best games. Best is a relative term to each individuals tastes.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    qUW2RAy.jpg

False for I am included in that statement :P
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Your post doesn't even have the word "badge" in it. Are you trying to suggest something? If so, would you like to do so rather than sulking on negativity?