HOTFIX Build 274 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited January 2015 in NS2 General Discussion

imageHOTFIX Build 274 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

Sometimes you release something you think is good to go, but sometimes bugs find a way of coming out anyway. This was the case with Build 273, not to fear...

Read the full story here

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    Be gone hitches!

Again: Thank you dearly to every user who provided useful data to us over the past week, and a very special thanks to @rkfg for being quick on the draw. ;)
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Damn, beat me and I even post the dang thing
  • AdrenalineGamerAdrenalineGamer Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175175Members
    very nice thank you, if the next patch fixes the Hitreg/Performance and sets interp to 0.05 this game will be absolutly perfect
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • AdrenalineGamerAdrenalineGamer Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175175Members
    edited January 2015
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Is there a way to disable the auto deactivation of mods every time there is an update. It is annoying as shit to need to sift though all the different maps/mods ect in order to find the crosshair that you know is not going to get broken by an update.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Is there a way to disable the auto deactivation of mods every time there is an update. It is annoying as shit to need to sift though all the different maps/mods ect in order to find the crosshair that you know is not going to get broken by an update.

No, because we have had instances of crosshairs breaking the game due to invalid DDS file formats and other such things. This is to make sure you CAN run NS2 after a patch even with outdated mods (because they are never activated on startup). Any mods you want to have running after a patch you can flip a switch.
  • HellwireDHellwireD Join Date: 2015-01-18 Member: 200904Members
    edited January 2015
    Disabling the workshop updater on our servers as it is now obsolete. Thank you @matso !

Server ops, don't forget to also update your Workshopbackup servers. The files are in the client again, not shipped with the server files.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    HellwireD wrote: »
    Disabling the workshop updater on our servers as it is now obsolete. Thank you @matso !

Server ops, don't forget to also update your Modbackup servers. The files are in the client again, not shipped with the server files.

Yeah we tried to sort that out with the build machine but it refused us :D So we will figure it out later.

The workshop-update server is always available at github: https://github.com/GhoulofGSG9/NS2_WorkshopBackup/releases

And it's certainly not obsolete (steam has a http-request timeout-rate of >30% ...)
    I should have been more clear:
    By workshop updater I meant the shine extension "workshopupdater" aswell as the NS2+ "modupdater".

Since players can now connect and play on servers that run outdated mods, those are no longer needed.
    Which is really really awesome. \m/
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Is there a reason why the "obstacles" in the gorge tunnel are now loaded after everything else. It always pops up in your way :P Just make them non-collideable. Or prevent them from spawning near the Exits ;)
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Atlast, no more fps grenades and shotguns that have second thoughts about killing someone!
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    After having 100 onos structure damage for a while and thinking "eh this isnt so bad", playing onos vs structures now feels insane :P Back to rekking ball onos!
    Is there a reason why the "obstacles" in the gorge tunnel are now loaded after everything else. It always pops up in your way :P Just make them non-collideable. Or prevent them from spawning near the Exits ;)

You'll find
    Server no longer runs updates for tunnels with no players in them
    Fixed relevancy for tunnel contents; don’t send contents of all tunnels to all players
    In this post under Performance.

The tunnel props updates are only activated if someone enters a tunnel instead of updating all tunnel props all the time. Matso found this in ATFs perflogs to be an actual server performance hog. It was fixed in the above way and well tested. Maybe for rather slow clients they will appear to load later?

Personally I do not see those props appearing late.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is the plural for Onos Oni? Can I be a pedantic prick, and say Onos were upset should be Oni were upset or Onos is upset?
    PS. I updated the wiki with the latest patch info.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Is the plural for Onos Oni? Can I be a pedantic prick, and say Onos were upset should be Oni were upset or Onos is upset?
    PS. I updated the wiki with the latest patch info.

Its Oni
    Great.....remove them entirely and we have even more performance! Or is here someone who actually uses them for cover or thinks that it makes the tunnel look more "alien-like"?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015

Nominative: Onus (singular) / Oni (plural)
    Genitive: Oni / Onorum
    Dative: Ono / Onis
    Accusative: Onum / Onos

So because "Onus" would rather sound... too close to another noun, they settled for accusative plural for singular :P
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I prefer onosuses my self
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    The singular is onos, the plural must therefore be onoses.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Well if the issue is you sifting through mods you don't activate every patch, just take 20 seconds to unsubscribe from those ones to make it a short list.
    That way after a patch comes out you can just click "activate" on the whole list without incident.

I for one am extremely happy that mods are finally de activated on each patch, it's going to remove about 80% of all tech support issues.
    It also has the added benefit of making the user very aware about what they are willingly modifying and risking.

dot crosshair and AV. i need to unsubscribe from everything else... need to figure out how to do that.

thanks by the way for getting the hotfix out.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    _INTER_ wrote: »

So because "Onus" would rather sound... too close to another noun, they settled for accusative plural for singular :P

don't know about all of you. but i always say "two onoses in cross."

i've never heard someone say "3 oni on the way"

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2015
    Onods. lol.
    amoral wrote: »
    _INTER_ wrote: »

don't know about all of you. but i always say "two onoses in cross."

i've never heard someone say "3 oni on the way"
    I disagree, plenty of people use the correct plural.
    However MOST people still pronounce the singular incorrectly as "O - NOSS" rather than "O - NOES" as it's intended :P
    Guys remember to disengage with your onos safely so you dont get killed by a shotgun to the onads :D
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Onoses sounds fine for me, I've never heard such strange plural form as "-os" — "-i". Perhaps the most unusual forms are "man"-"men", "mouse"-"mice" but those are exceptions. Also, Onos is a short for "Oh, noes!", the last words marines were saying when they met this lifeform, so I'm unsure how to pluralize this exclamation further.
    In Russian it's kinda simpler as it's a loan word and it conforms to common rules, like
    Nominative: Онос(singular) / Оносы (onosee or onosy) (plural)
    Genitive: Оноса / Оносов (onosoff)
    Dative: Оносу (onosoo) / Оносам
    Accusative: Оноса / Оносов
    Overall 6 cases.
    It depends on if we are talking english or greek or whatever. In ns1 most people (me included) said Onoses. Now I settled down with Oni (after struggling with the term) after reading that the name is coming from a non-english language and therefor should be conjugated differently. But since you could argue that Onos is integrated into the common vocabulary of the english speaking ns-community for years, it is perceived as an english word and therefor it would also make sense to handle it as such and say Onoses. Now fight :D
    Am I the only one that stills says "2 anuses incoming" and giggles like little russian girl!
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Am I the only one that stills says "2 anuses incoming" and giggles like little russian girl!
    That was bugging me all the time. I heard close to none anus jokes in our community though it's a pretty obvious joke. Even greenies name them "rhino" or "elephant". This mystery would never be solved.