Freezing on exit

BarryGorgeBarryGorge London, UK Join Date: 2015-01-28 Member: 201100Members
I get this error sometimes where the game freezes when I exit. Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for 20 seconds and sometimes it does not exit at all and I need to hard reset my machine.

I've read in previous posts (from a few years ago) peoples suggestions that it is GPU or CPU overclock related. I've turned both overclocks off and I am still getting the same error, although I didn't expect it to be that as temps and usage are low when exiting anyway.

Has anyone else had this and how did you fix it?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    How are you exiting?
    Are you typing quit in the console?
    Are you going to the main menu first and then clicking the exit button?
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I've had this problem a long time ago, on Windows 7.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I get this often enough when I quit by pressing alt-f4.
  • BarryGorgeBarryGorge London, UK Join Date: 2015-01-28 Member: 201100Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    How are you exiting?
    Are you typing quit in the console?
    Are you going to the main menu first and then clicking the exit button?

I am pressing the exit button on the main menu. When I type exit in the console it never happens.