This game has serious optimization issues

FriendlyNeighbourFriendlyNeighbour North Join Date: 2015-01-25 Member: 201047Members
Let's face it, it was never the most optimized game out there but at least it was decent. Now, post-patch, I'm getting crazy FPS drops.

I have dual Sapphire R9-290 Trixx. Here's what I tried: High on texture but minimal infestation, low particle, no shadows, no bloom, no ambient occlusion, not even anti-aliasing.
containment refinery. I'm just looking at boxes. Getting 57 fps.
When playing Veil, I'm in the mid-40s (FPS) in system waypointing. And it is many more maps. In the refinery map, I'm getting mid-50s @ containment, even when there are no explosions or even enemies and just looking at boxes.

Further, when I change some GFX settings, I'm losing sound for no reason. It's not like it's permanently gone. It just puts the sound bar to zero so I have to up it again. Same happens when alt-tabbing.

This is the only game that I have performance issues with. AMD drivers have been good for over a year now and post-Omega, they've been great. I'm pushing 150 FPS in BF3 at 1440p on ultra. And it's not just Nvidia cards which have had issues after the update. Still, even before the update, this game was very poorly optimized but now it's borderline unplayable. I hope this gets resolved.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It's very well known and has already been fixed. We are releasing a hotfix in the next 48 hours hopefully.
    Sorry for the troubles in the meantime