Shadow Badge

Redblaster100Redblaster100 Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183929Members
Hello!

I started playing NS2 from the day it released. Unfortunately due to some major changes in my personal life, I had to sugnificantly reduce the amount of time I dedicated to the game, and thus it's been a while since I played it at all.

My life however has become more stable and now that I have some more free time, I'm wanting to get back into the game I fell in love with, back when it was released.

I'm experiencing a problem however. Around the time the reinforcement program started, I purchased a 'Shadow Badge' to support the game. It is around this time I sunk into a black hole (depression), and thus never redeemed said code.

I've been going through my email, and as far as I can tell, I haven't aquired an email explaining how I redeem this badge. When I go in-game and click 'redeem badges' via the Hive, only my commander badge comes through.

What should I do to get the badge and additional items I should have gotten when I bought this pack?

Thank you in advance!

Ruben.

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    I do believe you need to dig into your email and find one from The humble bundle.
  • Redblaster100Redblaster100 Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183929Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    I do believe you need to dig into your email and find one from The humble bundle.

Hey, Thanks for your reply!

I've searched my email and spam folder back and forth, both unknown worlds and humble bundle alike. However, I've not found a single email providing the information I need. I did recieve an email from unknown worlds, many days after I purchased the 'Badge' stating I recieved a complimentary DLC key, which I've activated succesfully via steam.

Still no sign of my Shadow badge however.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    Hi there,

as the shadow badge is a humble bundle store item it gets saved into your humble library once bought. That means all you have to do is to log in/register yourself with your email here https://www.humblebundle.com/home ;)

Then you should see a entry for the reinforcement program under Other Purchases.

BTW the key you got is probably for the shadow dlc which is not equal to the full shadow package you will get from the humble bundle store, so don't wander if you find another steam key.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    BTW the key you got is probably for the shadow dlc which is not equal to the full shadow package you will get from the humble bundle store, so don't wander if you find another steam key.

If you got it from the reinforcement program, you should have the badge.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Even if you were in depression I find it odd, that you purchased something and didn't redeem it right after...
  • Redblaster100Redblaster100 Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183929Members
    edited January 2015
    I managed to retrieve the shadow badge, thank you all for your support!

As for the final comment on this post. I can't even describe how narrow minded your statement was.

You've very clearly never gone through anything of the sort, so don't make a statement about something you know nothing of.

You don't know what I've gone through, and I have no wish, nor obligation to explain my actions to you, or anyone for that matter.

As for why I didn't redeem it right away, that is my business entirely, and it has nothing to do with the post, it isn't even relevant.

A big thank you to all others who were kind enough to reply with constructive comments!

Ruben.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I only said that I find it odd, there's a lot of scammer's out there. Live is hard (not just for you) and not everyone can afford to be a philanthropist.
    As for the final comment on this post. I can't even describe how narrow minded your statement was.
    You've very clearly never gone through anything of the sort, so don't make a statement about something you know nothing of.
    Wrong, I've gone through a fair share of shitty moments in my live where a depression is just a child's birthday compared.
    You don't know what I've gone through, and I have no wish, nor obligation to explain my actions to you, or anyone for that matter.
    As for why I didn't redeem it right away, that is my business entirely, and it has nothing to do with the post, it isn't even relevant.
    I never asked you to tell, I don't care the slightest.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Okidoki and I think we're done here :-?

Purpose of thread met, let's lock it down to prevent any further escalation.

Escalation ;;)

ESCAL... Ah forget it, I'll be in my dark corner... Plotting things...
This discussion has been closed.