Droppable Grenades

cwafflescwaffles Khazakstan Join Date: 2015-01-22 Member: 200996Members
It'd be nice to be able to drop grenades for teammates, as well as drop upon death, or drop from the commander (at 5 res like welders).

Also, it'd be nice to have the switch fire lag fixed (about 1 second or so delay that the grenade is unthrowable, particularly with nerve gas for some reason).

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll try to fix the delay when you jump and pull the pin
  • cwafflescwaffles Khazakstan Join Date: 2015-01-22 Member: 200996Members
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This has been talked about before, but that doesn't make any less of a good idea.
  • cwafflescwaffles Khazakstan Join Date: 2015-01-22 Member: 200996Members
    It saddens me that lots of people want to recycle 3pres nades when most people still dont recycle frigging welders! Thats 3 pres man! If you're gonna "save" (keep) my shotgun at least dont leave my welder to die you selfish bastard :'(

I notice that as well, that players generally don't pick up welders. I make sure to grab them as I usually buy one every 5 spawns.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It saddens me that lots of people want to recycle 3pres nades when most people still dont recycle frigging welders! Thats 3 pres man! If you're gonna "save" (keep) my shotgun at least dont leave my welder to die you selfish bastard :'(

That is a good point, I never cycle welders. I do pick them up if I don't have one though.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I'll try to fix the delay when you jump and pull the pin

Omg this is the greatest quote in recent NS2 history, I love you @SamusDroid
  • EvisuEvisu Denmark Join Date: 2013-12-06 Member: 189831Members
    edited January 2015

I dont really care much for people that dont buy welders... To the point that I sometimes wont weld them, if they dont have one :P
    And you can tweak settings to auto-pickup welders, so you dont even have to do anything active, when saving shotgun/welders. So there really is no excuse! :D
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Evisu wrote: »

I dont really care much for people that dont buy welders... To the point that I sometimes wont weld them, if they dont have one :P
    And you can tweak settings to auto-pickup welders, so you dont even have to do anything active, when saving shotgun/welders. So there really is no excuse! :D

Yeah NS2+ gives you the option to autopick up welders but it can troll you if you're trying to drop a welder to a teammate but you keep picking it back up, done this many a time shouting "weld me, weld me!!" haha
  • EvisuEvisu Denmark Join Date: 2013-12-06 Member: 189831Members
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Yeah NS2+ gives you the option to autopick up welders but it can troll you if you're trying to drop a welder to a teammate but you keep picking it back up, done this many a time shouting "weld me, weld me!!" haha

Haha! So true! :D
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited January 2015
    i find carrying a welder helps unbelievably in not only keeping you alive and keeping your team mates alive but also in resulting in a better k/d ratio for yourself, having the power to weld makes you play more defensively when injured and provides more chances at being aggressive when fully welded. ontop of that you can often weld up a res node you just saved from a skulk instead of leaving it badly damaged.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love that the commander could drop them. Nerve gas is so helpful.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Maybe we should just get automatic recycling. When a teammate stands in a close radius to a dropped weapon, the timer refreshes? This wouldn't need to prevent bile damage kills.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited February 2015

Sometimes its a bit hard to pick up the welder when other weapons are nearby.

I pick up som1's shotgun, but often find it hard to pick up the welder (rifle and other things in the way, I think they have priority or something over the welder)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I've been killed so many times trying to pick up welders when there are other weapons around that I just don't bother anymore. Always picking up the damn weapon instead of the welder at the centre of my screen with the icon showing telling me if i press 'E' I will pick it up.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2015
    Welders could receive the auto pickup treatment which Defusal Kit did in CS. Could you imagine accidentally dropping your assault rifles to pick up a kit? *grin*
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Welders could receive the auto pickup treatment which Defusal Kit did in CS
    Oh god, please, yes. As long as it doesn't auto-switch to the welder :P