Well WHATEVER is cause for the seamoth crash it has something to do with Experimental graphics

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
Crashing seems so consistent in experimental graphics setting and never seems to happen on recommended.

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    does it seem correlated with memory usage at all? you can view mem usage by keeping task manager open
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    Hmm, I'll have to take another look at it. So I know for reference, is there a memory amount you guys are shooting for for base? I know when I first got the alpha I could get anywhere near 3 gigs of memory being used pretty quickly, things seem a LOT better now staying roughly around 2.4 to 2.5 gigs, I'll get back to you on the memory usage when it crashes though.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    Ok, the game started around 1.8gigs, when it crashed it was around 2.5 gigs, while it was crashing the memory was still adding up at from what I could tell at 3.1k or 3.2k per tick of memory.
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    I haven't had any problem with Experimental. The only thing I've had with the seamoth is I don't know how to fix low health.
  • CosmicNiteCosmicNite London Join Date: 2015-02-16 Member: 201381Members
    1stToast wrote: »
    I haven't had any problem with Experimental. The only thing I've had with the seamoth is I don't know how to fix low health.

Try using the welder, seems to work for me
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    edited February 2015
    SteveRock wrote: »
    does it seem correlated with memory usage at all? you can view mem usage by keeping task manager open
    It might be mem usage....I send a support ticket a few days ago, about this.
    My mem usage (6Gb RAM here) goes up to 80%, when the game is fully loaded....thats way more than any other game I run.

Btw, using exp.graphics.