Base building thoughts?

FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds EntertainmentSan Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
Hey everyone,

We just had a discussion regarding how we want to do underwater base building in Subnautica. I thought maybe you guys had some thoughts on this?

Feel free to add your comments in the doc, and/or in this thread. We'd like to start prototyping this for mid-February!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ncKUU2xDQWHWgJUPOCfZUclJm9oqKPQBw1yrECnaUog/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• AerofluxAeroflux GA, USA Join Date: 2014-12-22 Member: 200206Members
    edited January 2015
    Thumper?

LordOfVermin-UsulHasCalledABigOne.jpg~original

I like the ideas of modular base building, though an observation module with the age-old bubble ceiling/barrier would be nice.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited January 2015
    I think the focus should be on exploration, and these bases should augment your travels in the Cyclops. The role of the Cyclops sub should be a mini base that is self-sufficient enough for longer journeys alone, but works better if you can resupply at outposts you design and build up in certain areas. For example:

• These buildable bases are small outposts that you can design differently depending on your needs for that area. One area you design a more comfy design with a giant observation window in the sleep area (sleeping restores your health). You can swim around the area around this outpost to prepare food and water for a journey into an unexplored area. You would be able to have modules to make captured food and water provide more sustenance. They’re fish tanks you can put your favorite fish into. You could set up current generators or a beacon to attract a certain type of fish for make harvesting easier. This type of outpost can only be placed in shallower depths maybe?

• Another outpost could be designed for resource generation. Have it harvest on top of a big geothermal vent to gradually produce batteries. Or it could anchor itself to the sand bar and produce base materials like silicon. You can setup production chains here to produce more advanced materials like glass and metal. This outpost type would have to be placed over a certain type of resource before you can place the shell.

• Another could be for ship repair and defense oriented purposes. These could be designed in very hostile areas with limited resources. You would be able to moor your ship outside and have bots gradually repair it, and maybe produce a big shield to keep hostile creatures away. It’s significantly more hardened than the other versions.

Of course it is up to you how you want to physically design your outpost inside (placing walls, windows, beds, etc…) but certain tradeoffs have to be made due to power requirements, so specialization is encouraged. Your Cyclops is the link between these outposts (ie… you can do stuff onboard your Cyclops while autopilot takes you to an outpost you’ve established). You can also just do solo piloting/exploring with the Cyclops if that’s what you enjoy more, but you will not have access to the full tech tree that you would if you choose not to construct outposts. Each specialized outpost could gradually research upgrades for your Cyclops sub, and you can determine what upgrades you want to research for it depending on the specialization of that outpost (speed increase, bigger spotlights, reinforced hull, emergency ballasts, medical chamber, etc…). You have a progress monitor on your cyclops HUD to see the progress of your different outposts upgrades. You have to travel to them to complete and install the upgrade on your Cyclops.

All of these outposts should be stepping stones to upgrading your Cyclops and enabling you to explore more efficiently. You’ll need quite a few upgrades if you’re going to brave the deep depths that will probably be a staple of the ‘late’ part of the game. I think using prefab ‘shells’ for each specialized outpost is preferred, then the player can customize the interior depending on their tastes. Outposts should be relatively small and purposeful and not massive, sprawling arenas of empty space. Make a few rooms in each with high quality props, and high levels of player customization. I would also love to see the Cyclops have the same level of customization, if not more.

TL;DR, The tools you use to explore (the cyclops and other vehicles) and upgrading the player himself should be the focus of the game, since its about exploration. The base building aspects are still great for augmenting this experience, but should be the secondary focus. Less minecraft, and more goal oriented exploration, research, and discovery. I do love the idea of high customization inside your small, specialized outposts and Cyclops.
  • bonagebonage Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162230Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I think the easiest way to approach this to have a hybrid between the grid/block system (ala grav and rust) and the train set design. By this I mean you could have something like:

Grid system mechanics

- Basic square or rectangular floor pieces
    - Basic square or rectangular wall pieces
    - Basic internal doors
    - Basic entrance/exit hatch or door

Then ontop of these, you could have the following:

Train set style advanced rooms

- Pre-fabbed curved corridor
    - Pre-fabbed dome observation room
    - Any of the other rooms listed under "functional ideas" in your design doc

The advantage of this style of system is that you could always add the more advanced pre-fabbed train set style rooms over time, and not necessarily have them all introduced at once. Could even offer some the rooms up in a DLC pack if so desired down the track.

I've seen a lot of creative room designs in games like Rust based off of the simple square wooden foundation pieces you're given. Even if building isn't the primary goal of subnautica, giving the player the really basic tools to create something often leads to some really cool outcomes. People love to create their own little virtual homes/nooks in games - i don't think that goes against the core exploration philosophy at all - if anything, it gives them a solid platform to launch their underwater exploration from, and a safe satisfying place to return to when they have finished exploring for the day.
  • Peacema8kerPeacema8ker United States Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200967Members
    I think Modular base building would be best as long as the interior of the modules were able to be customized. Plus it would be cool to build parts of your base at the surface then bring it down and attach the airlocks carefully to avoid punching a hole in it and flooding part or all of your base if the bulkheads are open.

I also think having some way of making caves airtight would be a cool way to make mining area or a base as long as you don't dig out top of the cave and let all the air out.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    TL;DR: Limited modular bases

Too many parts = bases being broken and basically covering the map in modules and bases so that there is no way to die. The only way to work around this is to have animals or plants degrade the base, but that's annoying unless the atmosphere the predators and predatory animals provide is greatly improved. i.e., they are actually scary instead of just "cool story"

I think pre-made minirooms would be best. The Sims' way of doing things would really waste time on things that are simply not integral to the atmosphere of the game. It's not minecraft, it's not about building. These bases should serve the exploration-- NOT encourage the player to build them everywhere so that they can simply win the game with little to no danger.

Essentially, as a more cohesive way of putting it:

small parts of rooms that aren't customizable but are varied in what they do-- like one part kitchen, one part science, so that they can meld together organically. In this game I think we should keep the sort of "from scratch" element that the fabricator provides to us to a certain degree, and I think that this method would help that atmosphere.
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2015
    Re-post from steam forums in thread of the same topic...

Suggestion and comments post early implementation of corridors:

1. Awesome job on the corridors/connectors, they look great. I love the idea of building a base by connecting cube rooms with these hallways

2. I don't really like the foundation pieces. Was hoping for something along the lines of set pillar prefabs that you could stack on each other to create varying height levels for your base. Rough example...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398539970

Corridors could require one pillar support per five pieces connected in a straight line and for every corner piece. When not placed on the sea floor, cubes could require one for every cube piece, and/or for every 3x3 (x,z) combined cube room of floor space.

Power conduits could be connected to and run up the pillars from tapped thermal vents or generators placed below

3. Make hatches on the corridors optional

4. The hatches actually look really cool as port hole viewing windows...maybe bumped up a bit in scale

5. Cosmetic/crafting option that turns the top half of the corridor into a semi circle viewing window or (other cosmetic option) perhaps the whole corridor piece is made of glass except for the connection end...with a gang plank walkway running through it.

6. Sticky this thread as the official base building suggestion/brainstorm thread for us to use.

7. Vertical corridors as elevator/lift/ladder shafts.

Another note on the foundation peices. the tube connector and cube room design lends itself so well to customized base building. Combined with the terraformer, the individual pieces are modular and small enough that you could actually tunnel into a reef and build your base inside the tunnels. It is also flexible enough to build your base vertically down the face of a reef cliff into the depths...*if* we have vertical corridors with ladders or lifts and if we are not dependent on the wide foundation pieces. That is where I think single column support pillars could work so much better for functionality while maintaining the look of structural integrity. Thanks again for considering our ideas here.

Looking forward to playing with modular base design as it continues to develop! Building customized modular outposts, research stations, and full on bases in this alien ocean world exploration game is FANTASTIC. You guys rock.
  • bownanbownan Bris Join Date: 2015-02-25 Member: 201542Members
    edited February 2015
    ** I realise some of this has been touched on by others but**

There needs to be a reason to have a base, otherwise you would just stick with your cyclops and keep exploring.

Oxygen generation so you dont need to surface and you need more for each extra module you add

Access to a better equipped lab for analysis and synthesis of specimens. This could mean having power generation and transportation systems eg: tidal power generators, floating solar stations, thermal vents to support the lab

With the lab, a tech tree with gene splicing so you can become an aquatic monster yourself ;) At least get some gills and webbed feet. Check out Miasmata (http://ionfx.com/product_pc_Miasmata.php) for a good example of a lab and synthesis. It also has a good example of triangulation as a navigation method.

Sub repair stations

Workshop for reinforcing for subs, radiation shielding for you and the ship for some areas, more advanced weapons (big sea mines and torpedoes for the Kraken that will eventually appear to destroy all you love)

Map room with some positioning systems so you can identify areas you have already been to. (could be tied to mapping bottom with Cyclops or moth)

Floodlights on base so it looks cool at night or in the depths

Ability to disassemble and reassemble somewhere else (another good reason for modualisation)

Being able to grow food (so you don't need to hunt all the time would be handy). This could also mean some sort of automated fish farming mechanism.

Being able to purify water without membrane.

I agree with the posts about modules you build and attach is the best way to go (also a pump to get the water out of each module once you attach it). Fabricating it wall by wall would be a drag.

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2015
    Added my comments to the google doc:

I am thoroughly for the pre-fab module approach (but pretty like in KSP, not just a bunch of square/rectangle blocks!) where there are a small number of modules available, such as:

Research and Analysis lab
    Botany / h20 generation
    Power generator
    Airlock
    Shield generator
    Viewing module (mostly toughened glass with all the internal lights dimmed)
    Docking bay (fits all size of pilotable craft)
    Storage locker room
    Desalination facility (could produce salt and fresh water over time but require some other material to function such as membrane for filtration?)
    Deep drilling facility
    Perhaps a simple ‘connector corridor’ of some kind but don’t go crazy with options for the player. One straight and one corner piece is enough ;)
    etc.

Base can provide respite from some of the harsher game conditions - such as the desalination facility, or oxygen generation. This feels like a worthwhile accomplishment for the player!

Each module should be placeable in a way so that it automatically “connects” with existing modules when the placement pointer is near another module’s lock hatch, some should have only one airlock ‘lock’ anchor point, others 2 or 4. This would make the bases look and feel a lot more organic in their construction but still keep the simple ‘grid’ or ‘lego’ style connect-a-room mechanic.

This would allow bases to be fairly simple from a player perspective (not taking focus away from eploration) and would allow each module to be very different in terms of required materials as well as providing a very specific function. It is important not to have a huge base where the player only goes to one or two objects they’ve put inside and the rest is pointless! With each room/module having a specific purpose, it can be completely 100% prefab, it would be very tedious as a player to have to play a mini “sims” inside a diving exploration game. We just want to get back out into the water ASAP! (of course allowing players to place a few objects around is great, like small lockers etc. but as far as placing a fabricator, analyser, generator, research bench, containers, mineral drill, etc.… none of this really enhances the player experience and it all detracts from getting back out and focusing on exploration and research of the environment.

Players should be able to collect research and materials by hand, temporarily storing samples and items in a mobile craft. When they return to base, these can be used for full analysis, as well as refueling and supplying air to the mobile craft ready for the next sortie.
  • GarrawrGarrawr Ontario Join Date: 2015-02-25 Member: 201558Members
    I'm unsure of whether or not this has been suggested, but I think pipes should be fundamental to our bases / general underwater structures.

By which I mean... Use pipes to supply power to satellite buildings that might not be directly attached to your main base. Perhaps your power generator could be kept in a safe location, and attached via pipe long distances to buildings you've constructed in areas you want to visit.

If you plan on adding defensive structures (like turrets, for example) at some point, pipes from your buildings act as power conduits to supply electricity to them. If something breaks the pipe connection, the turrets stop functioning allowing creatures to move into areas you've secured.

This adds the element of allowing creatures to interfere with buildings in ways other than "a giant fish monster ate half my base." Perhaps those electrical fish I've seen concepts for are very attracted to your pipe systems to feed, chewing holes in them to siphon out electricity. These holes/broken pipes need to be repaired, or your doors won't open/air won't replenish/etc. This forces the player out of their bases to do maintenance on their pipes in order to keep all their underwater buildings functioning. Keeps players from turtling up in their bases and feeling entirely safe.

Sort of has that "oh god don't go outside, you NEVER go outside!" feeling to it from horror movies. You're in your base working away, suddenly the power goes out and your generator kicks on warning you that you have 30 minutes of air remaining unless power is resupplied. Do you dare go out to fix the pipe lines? Who knows what broke them this time...

You could, theoretically, then add onto this with your "pipe zipline" ideas. Not only would pipes be important for air, but also for electricity and travel between various distant hubs.

This also solves the issue of having a boat load of blinking beacons in every single base, you could instead follow your pipes. I don't know about anyone else, but my screen is mostly blinking lights from all the beacons I have at various spots...

@ Garrawr Yep, that is actually something that was thought about, but it has been scrapped either forever or to rethink how the devs want to use them (originally it was nonsensical , so they decided to delay it / not bother)
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2015
    When you have time devs, I am curious to know what purpose(s) the foundation platforms serve...especially if they are a permanent part of base building. Tbh it sort of feels like I am building a playground model with those things. Aren't they more of a problem in their restrictiveness than they are worth in their ability to control uniformity? Obviously we are just getting to test the earliest forms of this concept so I am granting that there may be good reasons now and for future build options, but I just don't see it.

On top of taking up more space than seems necessary, how do you avoid a frustrating implementation of large moon pools and special observatory/overlook room attachments in that type of rigid system? When raised so high off the sea floor to accommodate a Cyclops coming up into the base, won't it look quite weird in this design, not to mention hazardous to navigate? Won't they also hinder creativity if you want to build something like a room that juts out over a reef featuring a large drop off or a corridor tunnel that stretches out into open water - or even a corridor running down through a tunnel system? What about the flexibility to build more vertical oriented bases down the side of a cliff wall?

I've set a few platforms and corridors down in the safe shallows and as they are always slightly raised by default it seems like there is a lot of potential for creatures and the player to get stuck underneath and around them as well. I have already described how I think single pillar supports would work better in an earlier post, but even though I don't like this current system with these broad foundation pieces I don't want to pass final judgment...can you describe for us the benefits and the pros vs the cons with using this style? Thanks.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    They have mouldable terrain... so honestly, i'm not quite sure why we need these platforms in the first place. Can't we just place buildings on the seabed and the terrain can morph into a flat surface for placement? I guess it could potentially create some odd looking terrain around the base but it shouldn't be too difficult of a thing to work out.
  • SrCumferenceSrCumference Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3740Members
    I am liking what I have seen so far, although I haven't not been able to play around with them yet.
    As for the platforms, I think they make sense as a method for stabilization, and I like them on buildings that are close to the ground, however I do also hope that we can have structures which hang over cliffs, off the side of cliffs etc. I would love to build myself a little apartment or lab on the wall of a trench and look out. Perhaps to maintain physical logic there might be some kind of buoyancy add on? I don't know if we would need to go that far.
    Anyway, +1 for supports, but +1 for supports not being created when the ground is a story or two above the ground.

As for customizability, I support as much customizability as we can get, but I can understand people not wanting to have to invest a lot of time in the stations. For my part, that is one thing I am looking forward to is personalizing my base. I want to spend time on it. I don't know where the compromise comes between those two, but I am sure it will pop up.
  • SrCumferenceSrCumference Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3740Members
    edited February 2015
    Doube post. Disregard.
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited February 2015
    Generally, bases should:
    1: Provide bigger/safer storage than the Cyclops, which is bigger/safer storage than open-water crates and the lifepod.
    2: Provide at least one function that cannot be duplicated by the Cyclops
    3: Provide a great view. :)

1 is pretty much already supported, since you can make them bigger and the storage lockers are already implemented. 2 is where the gameplay can go up a notch or two. What could a 'base' do that the cyclops can't? Deeper water? sure, but it's dark down there and there's not that great a view. How about power production? Even a simple current turbine could make power cells and batteries recyclable. Geothermal is better, but 'harder' to find and tap. Cyclops can't really do either, since it's not an anchored device.

Beyond that, it's mostly up to the Devs to decide what kind of additional gameplay elements to include to make bases an attractive option compared to the Cyclops, whether it's basic resource generation (salt, fresh water), cartography/oceanography, research and data compilation, etc. Drilling seems to be a 'something' for 'reasons', but something is to be said about improving quality of life over quantity of stuff. I'm not sure what it brings to the table that is any more player-engaging than scuba-scavenging from a personal, subaquatic mobile base.

Hell, I'd settle for a minibase mounted on a reefback. You KNOW that's prime real estate there.

As far as design goes, i'd say stick with the ship style you have combined with the 'tree' design at the top of your brainstorming chart. Start with specialized rooms that could almost be ships themselves. To handle rapid elevation changes, include 'ramp' modules. Everything should stay anchored to the ground.

An observation module for that oh-so-great view, first, and second floors for the elevated 360. A seamoth moon-pool (why do I feel magical when I say 'moon pool'?) docking room (doubling as an exit portal for the player without a seamoth). General storage module, generator/powercell module. Cyclops docking module (linked to the player hatch). Have the docking hub linked to the surface via pipe-buoy for air. Mining, hydroelectric (power discounts or battery recharging!)

Other base design options are generally too centered around above-ground construction. Building underwater is a lot like building in zero-atmosphere, only inside out.
    *Notes Trello card for "In-depth seabase dev progress post"* ... *grabs some snacks and wine coolers then pitches a tent, hovering over the refresh button* :P
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    probably be sitting on that refresh bar for quite a few days lol...
    probably be sitting on that refresh bar for quite a few days lol...

Hence the tent and the wine coolers ;P ... You could be right, but I'm thinking it won't be quite that long.
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    I must be honest here and say I prefer the square base these round segments are fine for corridors but that's about it for me yes I know it is a personal preference
    dose anyone know if the square pieces will make a return
    The problem I have with the base setups right now is that they don't reflect the art direction of the Crashed Ship, Lifepod, Seamoth, Cyclops, Beacon, etc. It's too dark, to metallic, not round enough. The tubes lack the ovoidal qualities and coloration.

The best way to describe what I consider to be more "Subnautican" would be to mash the ends of a couple cyclops' into a Lifepod-esque hub, then redesign each of the 'mashed modules' for a particular purpose, such as storage, observation, etc. A lot of these functions can be easily built in, both in terms of interactivity as well as construction materials, without requiring the (haphazardous) free-hand module-component systems. Allow them to be chained end-to-end for long corridors or use hubs to branch out, nothing really should be a 'generic 1m segment' or '10mx10m empty air crate'
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited February 2015
    Just wait until they add the ability to paint stuff, getting certain dying materials to do so from the environment or creatures. I mean Seriously who want's some bio-lum paint on their base that they can see from a distance in the deep. Of course this would have a pros to it and cons.
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    @ zourin hmmm valid points i never thought of thanks for puting things i to perspective :D
    Just wait until they add the ability to paint stuff, getting certain dying materials to do so from the environment or creatures. I mean Seriously who want's some bio-lum paint on their base that they can see from a distance in the deep. Of course this would have a pros to it and cons.

If I'm below 200m, the last thing I want is biolum paint with some of the critters they've got planned. Standard issue floodlights will be fine without looking like a giant deepsea fishstick.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    edited February 2015
    Prefab or not, I'd like to see some type of base cohesiveness mechanic, which makes base components operate differently depending how they are placed in relation to each other.

Examples (for brainstorming only):
    - Modules placed farthest from a generator would get powered off first when there is limited power
    - Bots which perform certain automatic support actions (going to two or more rooms) - so if they are close the bots could do their task faster
    - Generators and backup batteries could potentially explode during flooding and damage nearby modules
    - Research labs near atriums and aquariums research biological tech faster
    - Research labs near control rooms make sub augmentations work better
    - Research labs near storage rooms make mining work more efficiently
    - Storage rooms attract mites which can spread to nearby modules and infect them
    - Atriums and aquariums placed in a room with windows make the captive life less likely to die
    - Aquariums too close to a window may get the window attacked from the outside by a predator
    - Flooded atriums kill everything inside (so keeping them off the lowest floors is a good idea)
    - Without maintenance, a room's modules will start to work less efficiently - this can be done by either the player (early game) or a bot (later game)
    Flooded atriums kill everything inside-- I hope you don't mean all that really expensive stuff we spent hours working on :P

Though I agree flooding should be dangerous, destroying the player's work is rarely the way to go IMO-- unless there is a way to safeguard against it via another craftable item.
  • Iron_LionIron_Lion Wales Join Date: 2015-01-03 Member: 200596Members
    edited February 2015
    I agree with most here, we need the tubes AND the rooms and with lots of funcionality.Big glass dome/celing a must. Not a big fan of the foundations, i prefer if the suports where part of the floor and just used to keep evrything level. Like they are now but not a sperae part they just turn up when you build the foor. I dont see the problem with ppl being able to cover the world in one big base if thats what they want to do. Its more about exploration than survival, i dont really see this game has and end. I thought the point was to explore and study. If ppl want to use this as subcraft i dont see any reason why not or at very least not going out of the way to prevent it with limitations for end game balance sake.

I also personaly would like to be able to build those tubes with ladders down, i have a borehole from the starting area down into the shroom caves and i would like to a build a large surface lab with tube runing down through the sea bed conecting to anothe smaller base in caves with things like a moon pool and dock for the seamoth, a sort of staging area to explore the caves from.Would like to build and unobtruisive glass corridor system through the caves with exits at reguar intervals for long term study. I like the idea of a ingame encyclopedia as long as its gets updated with things we "discover" about the enviroment with some sort of science equipent. maybe a water filled verison of the fragment analyser made of glass with the arms from the fabrictor to put small fish in to analyze and a hand held ( Waterproof tricorder) scanner for bigger things.

I see the cyclops are more of a mobile staging area and prospector for future base sites, you could have a lab in each biosphere and use the cyclops to move inbetween them and find and reach new cool spots. And like somone else already said they could all have a primary purpose with a second being science. Like a thermal elctric genertor base that doubles as lab to study the lava zone and make betterys etc

i also think we need some kind of map with a fog of war or somehting becaus atm way to easy to go around in circles and not see some parts of world. It would be great for the consloe in the cyclps with depth and speed guage, you could even build on on base.

i also REALLY like the idea of sealing and draining caves the posabiltis there are endless and fun

Stuff like that to me makes in seem more imersive. Similar to real life but more advanced.

• IknowimgodlyIknowimgodly NY Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204270Members
    I know this most likely won't be read but if it is the biggest issue i have with base building is the fact with hatches and the angles in which bases can be built. i would like to build up and down without having to put tube over tube over tube and make it look stupid. Back to the hatches though the only thing i truly hate about the game and feel yall are being lazy on in the way you enter not just the ships but bases i really hate the fact you just port into them no animation at all!!! and i hate the fact that there is zero air lock to go in first or that you can just come and go out your seamoth with zero issue underwater.. like that should be boarding at surface and shouldn't be allowed to get out unless at surface or in emergency i think the sea moth should have ethier some form of way to pick things up or something. but bases definitely need a air lock or something before entering in base like that.. including like a fast drain of water out the lock or something but just MAGIC pots threw a hatches or into your ships to me is a HUGE turn off when everything else is so immersive/interactive yet these highly used features dont have interaction other then click and Magic ports. i truely feel yall are making a truely awesome game im here to support it but please dont be lazy on the small things 2 bc they help make a game in depth.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2015
    I'd have to say keep it simple.

If you can forgive the paint and the defacement of one of your proto-type images, I would make a suggestion:

subnauticaextension_zps9jjv97d2.png

subnauticaextension2_zpsubqtirtk.png

Wow, totally didn't realise this had been Necro'd, thought you were asking about making the bases more room like... Apologies, anyway, still it's an idea i'd like to see... :D
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    Be cool to be able to repair the degasi bases and no I don't know if I spelled that right also outside surveillance cameras and a TV or hologram type thing of glass would be cool.
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    justi18562 wrote: »
    Be cool to be able to repair the degasi bases and no I don't know if I spelled that right also outside surveillance cameras and a TV or hologram type thing of glass would be cool.

Why did you necro this long dead thread?