Compass is making me feel light headed.

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its the fact that the widget is so small yet moves so fast. a fix i think is to make it bigger or slow it down some.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Its the fact that the widget is so small yet moves so fast. a fix i think is to make it bigger or slow it down some.

Thanks.

Maybe if they turned it into one of those compasses we have in our cars with the floating globe.

Thanks for the reply.

• dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    edited December 2014
    Not having the issue but that's probably because I've seen such designs many times over in games.

A neat "feature" I could think of would be "glancing".

Meaning the whole HUD is virtual and the player can blend it in and out (it fades softly over a second or so).

It will display ALL data.
    1) Dive Data (Oxygen, Depth)
    2) Compass
    3) Map
    4) Beacons
    5) Bio (Health, Food, H2O, DNA, Damage states (Poison, Hypnosis etc.))

Further, give the player the ability to display each of the groups individually.

Making an info panel "permanent" happens by the virtual player "tapping" on his mask glass.

For example
    Compass: tapping forehead (above the rift)
    Oxygen: tapping lips
    Map: tapping left cheek
    Beacons: tapping nose
    Bio: tapping right cheek
    Display all: gesture with right lower arm (as if looking at a clock)

Amazing modding capability: if things progress nicely we'll eventually be able to use kinect etc. and detect real life motion - for example being able to really tap the region and make the display act accordingly