Launching from LaunchPad and landing on the land and loving pleonasms.. mzmmzz

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

A quick question. I don't know if it is wanted or if it is working like that but i ask.

To be clear:
-"Project directory" would be "c:\Users\<user>\Documents\<mymap>\output\"
-Opposite to "workshop files" located in "c:\Users\<user>\appData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Workshop\"

When i use launchpad to actually launch the game it mounts the project directory (at least it says in the console).
Apparently the game do not use the project file and get back to the workshop files if i use "create a server".

What would be the procedure to make it work ? At least for the .level file (using launchpad and no manual copies .level everywhere).

It is obviously better to separate pre-production and production the best it can be. Right now I'm uploading hundreds of megs just to test... of course if i break something... It's public. And the egg and my face are in perfect alignment.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you have a level file in the output/maps directory and you load the map using "map ns2_mapname it uses that map. The game only uses things in the output directory and never uses the source directory or the workshop directory
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Well... i did before posting.
    Now it seems to work again.

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Well... i did before posting.
    Now it seems to work again.

You just got Samus'd!