Build 272 "Missing required mod" NS2+ Can´t join servers

cvrtcvrt Germany Join Date: 2014-12-19 Member: 200115Members
Hello everybody!

I have a problem since build 272.
If i want to join a server, i get the message "Missing required mod" .

i tried to

start steam as admin
reinstall the game
delete all the data in the "Workshop" folder

I think game dowloads the mods when i try to join a server, but it seems the game doesn´t download the "NS2+" mod.
I tried to subscribe the mod "NS2+" in steam workshop, but it is listed as unavailable in my NS2 mod list.

How can i solve the problem and join the servers again?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Comments

• rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try to change your download region in Steam. Sometimes their servers are inaccessible in your region but work in others. You'll have to restart both Steam client and the game.
  • cvrtcvrt Germany Join Date: 2014-12-19 Member: 200115Members
    Hello and thanks for your fast answer.

I tried now several regions. I changed the region under "Settings" and then "Downloads" , but the problem is the same.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Go to %AppData%/Natural Selection 2 and delete your workshop folder, restart steam and ns2 and it should redownload ns2+
    I tried this before, but this didn´t work again.

I used this path: computer, local data (c:), user, USERNAME, appdata, roaming, natural selection 2, workshop
    I deleted everything in "workshop" and logged out of steam and started it again, but i have the same problem.

Some mods get dowloaded and some, like "NS2+", are unavailable.
    Perhaps it is downloaded and doesn´t run?
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Unzip the content of this into %APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop\ then try again.
    Only works until next ns2+ update.
    Thank you very much!

Now i can join some servers, but still some mods don´t work.
    Where did you get this data from? Perhaps i can add the other mods too.

Can you tell me whats wrong and why the mods aren´t downloaded?
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Certainly, you can use this method for any other mod. Check which other mods are failing and ask someone to send it to you. You can find downloaded mod data in the above mentioned folder.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Anyway, this doesn't seem to have anything with the game itself. It's your Steam that's broken, try reinstalling it. You may also try other games with workshop support, I doubt it's only broken for NS2.
    It's your Steam that's broken, try reinstalling it. You may also try other games with workshop support, I doubt it's only broken for NS2.

You could be right.
    Usually i don´t use mods for games, but now i tried the workshops for Portal 2, Total War: Shogun 2 and Total War: Rome II and these workshops are empty.

There is a discussion in Total War: Rome II, that many others can´t use the workshop and the mods.

• AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Yes i also noticed that the steam workshop is in a terrible state right now..
    I'm using Netherlands servers all the time, seems to be working fine. They have the best ping and bandwidth for me.

For now, let's all pray the Lord Gaben, may his blessing not miss the Steam Workshop. Amen.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I was unable to join a server earlier due to NS2+ As well, I'm subscribed to it and it's activated in-game.. it said 'missing mod' required, is this an ns2plus problem or steam workshop problem?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Steam workshop. You can visit the steam workshop yourself, its often displaying an empty page. Not much can be done about that sadly
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts