70fps while respawning in ip/egg 50fps while spawned

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited December 2014 in Technical Support
edit:can you delete this thread.

just curious as to why when i'm respawning after dying it shows a greater FOV, but doesn't render gun animations that i'm losing 20fps from that viewport of respawning vs actually being respawned?

edit:It only happens when there are other people on the server or other people around?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Well I can still answer you question and we generally don't delete threads (besides spam). Also it now will serve a purpose of an answer so if people search, this thread could potentially come up (they sometimes do search I hear :> )

The reason your FPS is higher when respawning is because you are technically in spectator mode. Which doesn't load the codebase for collisions/player interactions, I'm fairly certain the viewmodel (jaws/rifle) don't have that much of an impact, it's mostly the lua for collisions. Maybe 2-4FPs viewmodel and HUD versus 18-16FPS collisions, is my guestimate :)
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    The HUD is actually what costs quite a bit.

You can find the exact cause by using the profiler. Type profile in the console, and spacebar to pause the profiler. left and right arrows allow you to look at individual frames, and you can navigate the functions tree with the mouse.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Okay that's a cool answer, thanks Kouji-San + Asraniel.

Nah, even with the hud unloaded, r_gui false and or it disabled mostly with ns2+ still same results, koujis answer pretty much answers mine i suppose.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    You should try it with no mods and see if it happens still.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yeah it does, even a fresh install.