The Gorge - How about a new ability?

FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
edited November 2014 in Ideas and Suggestions
What's not to love about the Gorge?
The Gorge is so cute, but why not use that?
CsspDXW.png
What if the Gorge would open like this? and shoot out a thick "intestine", its always fun to play as the Gorge at the frontline.
Gorge could "hook" JP marines, let the marine rubber band for 2-3 seconds, this would even improve the Hydra traps for the Gorge.
RlaiGur.jpg

Comments

• AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    To be honest the gorge already can do so many things, the gorge already:

Heals Aliens
    Helps Build commander structures
    Builds barricades or walls with Clogs
    Builds mini turrets (hydras)
    Builds webs
    Builds babblers
    Builds tunnels for transportation
    Spits acid
    Lobs bile bombs

I feel that we should fix stuff like babblers (make them latch onto rines?)
    before adding more items, especially the gorge who has been barraged by gimmicky unececary items (tunnel was good though) Not that whats already in the game should be taken out, but I personally feel that items should be added for the heck of it.

• turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    no need to give gorge more abilities, just change webs so that they're useful. in the past month or two I have never seen them researched.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Webs and stab are the 2 most useless abilities in NS2.

And metab is too much button spamming, though there are a few situations you wouldn't want to use metab (sneaking).
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    edited December 2014
    no need to give gorge more abilities, just change webs so that they're useful. in the past month or two I have never seen them researched.

Yes, webs should be buffed to IMBA level, so everyone will use them.
    Then you just nerf them back and we will see them in the game sometimes.
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2014
    devel wrote: »

Or just make them available from unlocking a biomass level... 2?
    And maybe add a little time to the stick function. Shouldn't take three webs to make it worth while. This "might" replace my Num5 kill bind. We have had nice attempts to prolong early game, maybe we can do more.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    Maybe webs could be barbed or something, take some damage if you get caught in them, or maybe tangle you up so that you have to cut your way out or something.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2014
    devel wrote: »

• lower the biomass, 3 or 4 sounds good. maybe make it autoresearched like babblers? not sure about that though, the current 10 tres isn't bad.
    • reduce the effectiveness of the slow (i think it's like 70 or 75%? make it 33 or something), there's really no reason for it to practically immobilize marines as it does now, that's just about as fun as the GL. if you lower biomass without changing the effectiveness from what it is now, then they will become OP. it shouldn't be a death sentence to marines or unfun, just make them a bit easier to hit.
    • keep the res cost (1 per web). it should be fine assuming a fair game where aliens hold 3-4 RT's. they still have to drop tunnels (4res), hydras (3each) and potentially regorge(8 without upgrades).

consider webs fixed
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited December 2014
    Along with making the slow 33% (maybe a bit higher), also make it reduce the marine jump by 33% if it doesnt do that already (never checked because no1 ever uses them).

Webs be killable but not so low hp that they can die easily.

Again, a bit hard to know webs current state if no one ever uses them so please excuse any assumptions.