Is there a way to restrict who can Comm on a server.

TarvalnTarvaln USA Join Date: 2014-09-29 Member: 198781Members
I'm looking for a way to restrict who can Comm on my server. I'm running a Rookie Only server and would like to allow "vets" to only comm and "rookies" only on the field. Would it be possible to do this with Moderator privilege, badges or anything?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Overall the only way to do this would be to combine the ns2stats eloteamrestriction and no-rookies plugins.

Set up eloteamrestriction to block all non rookies except your moderators/vips which get ignored by the check. Then set up no-rookies to only check comms. But this could end in a big disaster if there are not enough moderators available to command.

• ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Restrictive methods nurture toxicity.
    Aim for suggestive or informative methods.

For example, find a way to inform players that a potential novice has entered the command station and give them a chance to veto that.
    This will greatly reduce rounds ruined by rookie commanders, while still allowing them to practice if the team agrees.

:-bd
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    There is an hours limit you can set for commanders with NoRookies from NS2Stats.

Just bear in mind that a rookie only server won't attract veterans enough to command, so if rookies can't comm and only rookies are in the server, bad things will happen.