[BUG] main inventory vs. toolbar inventory are not synced

dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
Hello,

This is related to my request, which explains why I couldn't use the ingame tool, here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/136040/request-more-characters-in-the-ingame-feedback-screen-and-formatting-linebreaks?new=1

So let's dive right in.

Description of the bug and steps to reproduce
  • I picked up a floater and assigned it to slot 1 of my toolbar.
  • After noticing I can't equip the floater to my hands (pressing 1) I dropped it.
  • The floater "ability" stayed in my toolbar slot, although I had no floater left in my main inventory.
  • I then went and crafted a knife. It was assigned to toolbar slot 1 by the game, overriding the floater icon on toolbar slot 1.
  • Pressing 1 would then not trigger the knife (I expect the game was still looking for the floater)

Expected behavior
Dropping the floater should have resulted in either:
  • The floater toolbar "ability" staying in place, showing a 0 for count (no floater in inventory)
  • The knife, when being crafted, should then be assigned to toolbar slot 2
Or
  • The floater toolbar "ability" being removed as there are no floaters in inventory anymore
  • The knife, when being crafted, should be assigned to toolbar slot 1

Additional scenario
Preperation
  • Assign an item (e.g. floater) to toolbar slot 1
  • Assign the knife to toolbar slot 2
  • Assign another item (e.g. Metal) to toolbar slot 3

Actions
  • Drop the item in toolbar slot 1
  • Drop the item in toolbar slot 3

Result
  • The item in toolbar slot 1 will be dropped from inventory, staying in the toolbar slot
  • The item in toolbar slot 3 will be dropped from inventory, staying in the toolbar slot
  • The knife in toolbar slot 2 will be dropped from the toolbar slot / inventory