Loot detectors, do they work? (prototype 6)

MaverickNZMaverickNZ New Zealand Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199115Members
Just wondering if loot detectors work - I put the loot on top and turned it on and it keeps saying "detected" but it doesnt seem to tell me where, or how far or change frequency or anything, even when I eventually find one of whatever I set it to, and hover right on top of it?

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Heh iirc that's about all they tell you. The final version will likely be more intuitive.
  • MaverickNZMaverickNZ New Zealand Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199115Members
    edited October 2014
    so about as useful as a wet paper towel then?
  • BandersaurBandersaur Australia Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199120Members
    Wet paper towels are quite useful if you need a soggy wet, piece of paper for some reason. Not many people seem to realise this, so the true value of sodden paper remains hidden from the majority of the world.
  • DohmanDohman Denmark Join Date: 2014-05-06 Member: 195839Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    Actually, wet paper towel can be used for anti-slipping purposes. For example, if you have a pitcher of hot chocolate, you can take a plate, put wet paper towel on it, and then place the pitcher on top of that. The pitcher will not slide at all, so it's easier to move it around. You have to be careful when taking the pitcher off the plate though, it tends to stick to it!

So there you have it, a real reason to use wet paper towel.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I dunno, I think that IS useful!

You hear the alert, then leave your sub and go swimming for it. It's usually very close by and keeps the focus on exploration.