can the ambient_sound_player entity be destroyed somehow?

MetaMindMetaMind Join Date: 2012-12-06 Member: 174358Members, Reinforced - Gold
Hi,
I m desprately trying to implement some music to my story adaptation for the spaceship map... though I m struggling getting the sound/music shut off when round ends... it continues pl,aying into the next round
I tried the emitter_destroyer entity but it apparently only works for the sound_effect entity... the ambien_sound_player entity gets not affected by it, am I doing something wrong here?
The main problem of why I dont use the sound_effect ent for music is of its fixed range... I can modify that range in the natural selection 2/core/lua/soundeffect.lua (kDefaultMaxAudibleDistance) but how can I add "core" files to my mod-folder pathstructure?
Any help would be great

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    You don't add a core folder you just put it in output/lua.
    When are you trying to start the music and when are you trying to stop the music.
    I think you are going about this the wrong way.

And please don't make two threads.
  • MetaMindMetaMind Join Date: 2012-12-06 Member: 174358Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Thanks for replying.
    just putting the soundeffect.lua in lua folder has totally done it for me ... thanks :smiley: