[Linux] Will not load at all.

nachomeepnachomeep United States Join Date: 2014-10-22 Member: 199082Members
edited November 2014 in Technical Support
If I try tutorial, it authenticates forever, server, precaching fail, vs bots, never loads.

I can verify it was working last december.

Is it due to me running ubuntu now instead of windows?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yup!
    There's currently quite a few linux related threads in these forums to track.
    We recently have had some members who are now volunteering their time to address these issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, we all understand the expected functionality of the product when it is purchased and says that it supports said operating system, and that it damages the good will between customer and developer. All i can say is that we are working on it, albeit in a limited fashion, but you can expect improvements this next patch hopefully.
    Feel free to track our progress here: https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-cdt-development-tracker
    And ofc follow the linux related threads in this subforum.

Take care
  • nachomeepnachomeep United States Join Date: 2014-10-22 Member: 199082Members
    That sucks.

I love this game, it mixes my three favorite types.

RTSes with FPS, asymmetrical multiplayer, and even RTS with players.

None of them seem to work on linux.

Another problem, december it also ran on intel hd 3000, not well, but it did, will it still run on that?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    This is most likely fixed for the next patch (which should come out soon). There was a threading related issue that affected some glibc versions under heavy load.
    Now it sometimes loads and always crashes upon choosing a team.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Can you get a log? Anything that helps to identify the problem
    How do I get a log?