Persistent sync fail (steam or not)

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
edited October 2014 in Technical Support
Hi,

I removed cache and Workshop directories. The usual stuff. It still persists in doing this:
454c319f7f0187d46e7c58a90e62fc.jpg

It started last week end i believe.

The NS2 menus say that some mods aren't available like "Shine Administration" and such... huh what???!!!
3 categories:
-Normal download (good speed).
-Some mods just take years to download.
-Some mod just get the "not available" status.

Not really cool to test maps / mods and such things.

What would be the next move ?

PS: I don't know if it is related or not but performances are getting bad in the editor lately.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    I cannot read that error message because it is not in English. ;)

Could you provide your techsupport zip file please?

Just for your info: Simply deleting the workshop folder does not remove a mod.. it will automatically reinstall unless you've unsubscribed from it in workshop, as well as DEACTIVATED it in the ns2 mod menu. Deleting that folder should be the *last* step you take after doing everything else first.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I guess this error is more about the steam cloud sync which is only syncing your remote options and imho should be better disabled as it causes more issues than it helps anyway.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Well it seems that at the second i posted it got back to normal.

in the mean time i believe that the whole system shouldn't rely on steam workshop so much.

If steam cloud is not responding (fast enough or not at all) there should be a handshake protocol that can compare version of mod entries etc between the client and server.

After all players wanna play. Stats are secondary. If something isn't working on Steam if shouldn't disable the ability to launch the game and play properly.