Server does not respond

ZyrielZyriel Join Date: 2014-10-06 Member: 198869Members
Nothing new. There was nowhere a solution to this issue, but people keep buying this game and then they realize they cant play it cuz of the servers does not respond. I have ready the zip file for some tech support but I cant write or send it to any. Simply Im here to get answers on how to fix that "Server does not respond" problem.

For those who are lucky enough to play with no problems, there is something like we create a VS BOTS game but none of my friends can join it cuz of this issue. I cant join them and they cant join me. I see other servers and they do too. Where is the problem? Any idea?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Did you port forward both the game port and the query port ( game port + 1 ) ? Did you add ns2.exe to your firewall white-list? Can you join normal servers?
  • ZyrielZyriel Join Date: 2014-10-06 Member: 198869Members
    Yep I see other servers in server browser. So I can join them. I have the game allowed in firewall. But what are those ports youre talking about I dont know. Can you explain that?
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Unless you're directly connected to the internet (unlikely) you'll have a router that allows all your devices to access. In the router configuration, you'll need to set up "port forwarding". Forward inbound UDP traffic from ports 27015-27016 to your pc on same port range.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    FYI You won't need to change any typical network settings or ports to JOIN a server, but to host one for your friends you may have to adjust your router settings like suggested previously.
    Why can't you upload your techsupport? Did you try running it when NS2 is closed?